Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Google internet account stuck after clicking "Open Safari"

Brand new MacBook Pro. All my icloud accounts synced fine, as well as Fastmail.

Here's what it looks like

And from there no popup comes up. It does open safari, but the popup to sign in to google never appears.

I've tried restarting the computer, opening & closing things. So far no luck getting past this.

It does the same thing when I try and "reactivate" an account that's already on icloud, or if I try and add new google accounts.

Any help would be awesome. I know as a workaround I can set it up as "Add Other Account," but I won't get calender & contact integration that way.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 8:58 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 21, 2019 1:31 PM in response to thatmiddleway

Hi thatmiddleway,

It sounds like you're having some trouble adding your Google account, and I want to help.

Have you ever added this account before? Or is this the first time you've run into this issue?

Check out Google's steps here for adding an account:

Signing in with an Apple device - Google Account Help

Let me know if you're able to get signed in after giving that a shot.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Sep 24, 2019 10:58 AM in response to sterling r

Sterling,

Yes I've used this account before. I'm currently setting up a new computer, and my last work computer was the same make/model as this one. I tried it on my other computer and it worked just fine. It appears to be specific to this computer, my guess being that it's specific to a combination of software. I installed the latest safari update on my newer computer (the one it's not working on) and I suspect that's the culprit.

Add Google internet account stuck after clicking "Open Safari"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.