Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Charging

Wireless charging is not working for me on the iPhone 11 Pro.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 10:37 AM

While it could be, there haven't been other reports of it, so if you can swing by an Apple Store you can try your phone on a different charger as well as try to wireless charge a different iPhone 11.

If you have a new case on your 11, you may also want to try removing it and see if wireless charging works then; even today some manufacturers make their cases too thick for wireless charging to work.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 10:37 AM in response to Ronnie_iPhone

While it could be, there haven't been other reports of it, so if you can swing by an Apple Store you can try your phone on a different charger as well as try to wireless charge a different iPhone 11.

If you have a new case on your 11, you may also want to try removing it and see if wireless charging works then; even today some manufacturers make their cases too thick for wireless charging to work.

Sep 20, 2019 10:18 AM in response to Ronnie_iPhone

Have you tried more than one wireless charger?

Have you tried moving the phone around on the charger?

Have you tried restarting your phone and trying again?

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

If none of those works, you may have a defective phone, so you may want to schedule a Genius Bar appointment to have it looked at.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Sep 20, 2019 10:47 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I have an apple case so I'd hope they'd test that... but either way I already tried a naked iPhone and it doesn't work with that either.

But I did just confirm that it is indeed the charger. We have 5 Qi chargers in conference room at work and It worked on all five of those. Not sure why this particular one I have in my office doesn't work. Must be a compatibility issue with this particular charger.

Thanks,

Oct 3, 2019 12:59 AM in response to bronsonfromaustin

The Logitech POWERED stand is another one.

An XS Max in a case will charge fine, an 11 Pro Max will not.

The Belkin Boost Up Wireless Stand will work fine with the 11 Pro Max.

I don't really know why, I suspect the charging coil is in a slightly different place on the 11 Pro Max and some stands aren't prepared to deal with that.

To date Logitech's approach seems to be "We didn't list iPhone 11 on our compatibility list" (it didn't exist yet) "so you can't really complain."

Oct 3, 2019 4:05 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Hi All,

I did end up solving the issue. I had my wireless charger plugged into my laptop at work via usb. This seemed to not put off enough power for the iPhone 11 pro to connect to. When I plugged the charger into the wall outlet it seems to work fine again. To me it seems the 11 pro needs a stronger connection than the XS did.

hope this helps.

Oct 12, 2019 8:56 AM in response to Ronnie_iPhone

I'm having the same issue with an iPhone 11 Pro. Though I've noticed a pattern: If I reboot the phone, the wireless charging works fine -- UNTIL I charge it using a cable again (like from the wall charger or external battery). After charging with a cable, it won't work on wireless chargers again until I reboot again. Highly annoying since I often switch back and forth between wired and wireless charging throughout the day.

Wireless Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.