Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Heating

I recently bought a Macbook pro and after only two days of use I noticed that my Macbook gets hot while only 20-30 minutes of using it and watching youtube videos. Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Hello!

The reason your computer is getting warm when watching videos could be due to the they types of videos your are watching and the browser you are using. On my MacBook Pro when I watch 4K videos using google chrome my computer can start to become warm. I would recommend that you ensure that when you are using your computer that the various ports are not being blocked or that you lower the resolution of the videos that you are watching. Check out the link below for more information about heat management on your computer.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

Let me know if this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 11:46 AM in response to Jabril_Maq

Hello!

The reason your computer is getting warm when watching videos could be due to the they types of videos your are watching and the browser you are using. On my MacBook Pro when I watch 4K videos using google chrome my computer can start to become warm. I would recommend that you ensure that when you are using your computer that the various ports are not being blocked or that you lower the resolution of the videos that you are watching. Check out the link below for more information about heat management on your computer.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

Let me know if this helps!

Macbook Pro Heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.