Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My camera is doesn’t work and just shows a black screen after iOS 13 update

How come when I update to ios13, my camera is doesn’t work and just shows a black screen and other apps are slow to open and are glitchy

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 12:50 PM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2019 6:45 PM in response to devil_redington

devil_redington Said:

"and it happened to me as well, I gave a restart and I made a restore. i would like to install iOS 12.4 back if everything would work normally. so what can be done?"

-------

Did you create a backup of your iPhone prior to this installation?

Restore your iOS device from a backup of iOS 12.4 and choose not to upgrade to the most current version of iOS. This is a pure example of why to backup your device prior to any download and update whatsoever. If you cannot find another way around this, contact Apple support. They'll have a link that you need to download it.

Contacting Apple:

Sep 20, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Dordelais

Dordelais Said:

"How come when I update to ios13, my camera is doesn’t work and just shows a black screen and other apps are slow to open and are glitchy"

--------

Multitasking:

If restoration is of no option, then swipe you finger up from the direct bottom of the screen. Close whatever pops up. Something might be loading, and getting in the way. I notice this occurs when I download movies. So, I download them when there is no other need to use my iPhone.

My camera is doesn’t work and just shows a black screen after iOS 13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.