Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 Nightmare

No Messages available, can’t call out on phone, can’t access Siri, frozen Settings, and can’t do hard shutdown. HELP!!!

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:30 PM

13 replies

Sep 20, 2019 5:50 PM in response to AppleAgonyiOS13

So you couldn't restart it by following these instructions-->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And you couldn't force restart it by following these instructions-->If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

And you couldn't restore it to factory settings by following these instructions-->Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

In that case it has a hardware problem. Make a Genius Bar appointment to have it checked out-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

BTW, when you take it in the three steps I have listed will be the first things the Apple tech tries.

Sep 20, 2019 5:23 PM in response to AppleAgonyiOS13

Hi,

I believe we have the same dilemma here.

After I downloaded and installed iOS 13, my iPhone XS has been in its glitchiest ever. Like any normal upgrade, it will restart a couple of times, but this time, after the restart, there are boxes appearing in all icons in home (network, time, camera, flashlight, etc.). The click function does not even work that makes me unable to log-on and input my password after the reset. When I click a certain point, such as "swipe-up to open", it does not proceed or it does other stuff such as camera. I have tried a couple of things to resolve this but still not successful such as:

1. Restarting the unit for a couple of times with hours in interval
  2. Plugging the device into my Macbook, but still cannot proceed because I can't input my password in the phone
  3. Hard reset can't also be done due the glitchy click function.

iOS 13 Nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.