Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thin horizontal lines on macbook pro

There seem to be tiny, horizontal lines across my whole monitor. I can't really point to when this started, though it seemed to begin at the bottom of my screen (mostly on the dock) and then covered the whole screen. Also by it's nature, I cant really get a good picture of them.

I tried looking at other threads about this but most are either from many years ago or unresolved. Any help would be great!

MacBook

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:54 PM

spiderside Said:

"There seem to be tiny, horizontal lines across my whole monitor."

-------

This may be a Faulty Device.

What is the year of this MacBook?

Is this Covered by Any Warranty?

Locate your nearest local Apple Store and take this in for a “Genius Bar Appointment". See if this can be deemed a faulty device.

You have a one year out-of-the-box warranty. So, contact Apple, and see if being replaced is an applicable and available option to you. If you have AppleCare+, then it would most certainly be an option past one year, being an extended warranty.

Giving Apple a Call:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 9:54 PM in response to spiderside

spiderside Said:

"There seem to be tiny, horizontal lines across my whole monitor."

-------

This may be a Faulty Device.

What is the year of this MacBook?

Is this Covered by Any Warranty?

Locate your nearest local Apple Store and take this in for a “Genius Bar Appointment". See if this can be deemed a faulty device.

You have a one year out-of-the-box warranty. So, contact Apple, and see if being replaced is an applicable and available option to you. If you have AppleCare+, then it would most certainly be an option past one year, being an extended warranty.

Giving Apple a Call:

thin horizontal lines on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.