Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 pro max battery dying fast

Anyone else having a problem with the battery tanking? I’ve covered all the bases. Brightness down, location services only while using apps, no background app refresh, etc. my battery is consistently going down 50% in 5 hours for the past 24 hours that I’ve tested it. Regular use, no difference between sleep & wake, it’s losing the same amount. Ideas??

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 2:08 PM

There is definitely something wrong. My iPhone 11 Pro Max has been off the charger for 6 hours so far today and it still has 81% battery. At this rate, it will last up to 30 hours. Keep in mind that I am home so it has been on WiFi all day, which is much more efficient than cellular.

• Go to Settings: Battery
  • View your usage for the last 24 hours
  • See if there are particular hours that stand out
  • Look at the apps and activity % to see which apps are sucking down the battery

Let me know what you find.

I have seen a situation like this before and doing a full reset of the phone fixed it. Not sure if we are there yet with your phone so you should check the list above.

Best,

Frank

Similar questions

101 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 2:08 PM in response to iPhone4Chick

There is definitely something wrong. My iPhone 11 Pro Max has been off the charger for 6 hours so far today and it still has 81% battery. At this rate, it will last up to 30 hours. Keep in mind that I am home so it has been on WiFi all day, which is much more efficient than cellular.

• Go to Settings: Battery
  • View your usage for the last 24 hours
  • See if there are particular hours that stand out
  • Look at the apps and activity % to see which apps are sucking down the battery

Let me know what you find.

I have seen a situation like this before and doing a full reset of the phone fixed it. Not sure if we are there yet with your phone so you should check the list above.

Best,

Frank

Sep 23, 2019 8:58 AM in response to jarango31

I am having the same issue with my 11 Pro, the phone it self gets super hot when i am doing minimal things like talking on the phone for a few minutes or just on facebook. I woke up at 7 am this morning and it was 10 am that my battery was already at 20% thats just from me taking 2 phone calls and listening to Spotify while working out. I upgraded from the 7+, i contacted support they advised me to do a restore iphone in ITUNES on my computer. I am very skeptical right now, i have been googling the crap out of this issue so i hope this works. I love the phone but if its the pro and the pro max i might just down grade to the 11 cause my wife is having the time of her life with it.

Oct 21, 2019 11:31 AM in response to Darshanb056

1. Go to the Settings > Battery
  2. Tap on the Battery Level section in one area
  3. Look below to find out what time you have tapped on
  4. This will show you exactly which apps were using your battery during each hour of the day, ordered by most used to least used

See the image below. Also, why are you not charging while you are sleeping? I am blown away by the number of people who have battery life issues but are wasting the prime charging hours by not charging. By definition you are not using the phone, thus making it the best time to charge.

Sep 30, 2019 9:02 PM in response to ayoadrian

Let me give you some information for comparison to see if this helps. My iPhone 11 Pro Max today.

• Removed from the Qi charger in my office at 4:27 PM
  • Was on WiFi
  • Taught class
  • Drove home while listening to a podcast (10 minute drive)
  • At home
    • I am on WiFi as well.
    • Screen on 5h 31m
    • Screen off 1h 38m
    • Played Grindstone (30% of my total battery usage) Note that it did not drain my battery by 30%. It was just 30% of the total usage this evening. I like to play while watching the news.
    • Listened to podcasts (17% of my total battery usage).
    • The rest is made up with a mix of different things.

The Battery settings also notes that my phone was at 100% until 6:30 (a full 2 hours after removing it from the charger).

So I have been off of the charger for 7.5 hours now and my battery is at 74%. At this rate it should last for 30 hours under the same usage load. This is typical for what I have been seeing over the 10 days since I got the phone.

What does your battery drainage curve look like over 24 hours?

One more question because I have to know: why don't you charge your phone while you are sleeping? If you are at all worried about battery life, I am dying to know why you don't take the 6+ hours per day when you are absolutely not using your phone to charge it.

Best,

Frank

Oct 30, 2019 2:57 AM in response to emilex330

I am having the same issue. I bought my iPhone 11 Pro on 22 September and battery life has been absolutely shocking. I have tried various things such as dark mode, low brightness, turned off background app refresh but nothing worked. My battery most of the time goes down by 2% which is annoying. I also normally get 2 hours of battery life. I am not sure whether this is the battery on my phone or the iOS that’s causing these problems but I don’t think it’s the phone because it’s almost brand new, battery is at 100% in settings. Since buying it I have hoped that Apple would release an update that would fix this but they haven’t, instead they just released small updates that fix some bugs but not the important ones that everyone is facing, in fact they released iOS 13.2 the other day which mainly aims to focus peoples attention on new features instead of the bugs that they haven’t fixed that everyone is complaining about. I am finding this very frustrating because it’s not normal, I paid £1049 for a phone to use it without any problems and not have these absolutely absurd issues with the battery. Very frustrated and unhappy!

Oct 30, 2019 2:48 PM in response to iPhone4Chick

Hello again, guys. Would you consider this a good battery life or not? Maybe I’m just too sensitive and make a problem out of nothing. Today I’ve lightly used my phone and currently it’s at 72%. I’m still debating whether I should have it replaced for a new one or not. Is having 72% of battery after 2h11min of screen time normal on iPhone 11 Pro. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 16, 2020 1:32 PM in response to frankxiv

can you just let me know whether this is normal because I can’t help but feel my battery isn’t lasting no more than 6-7 hrs and after a certain time no matter the app usage, the % goes down 1% every 5 minutes. Without fail. I’m not feeling the 12 hrs or so it’s MEANT to last. Idk whether it’s my iCloud backup or what, but I’ve been using my data, and I get rid of the background apps or there’s one while it’s locked.

Sep 21, 2019 10:24 AM in response to iPhone4Chick

Are you restoring your iPhone from an iCloud backup? If so, that is almost definitely the reason why your battery is draining. Well, that combined with new phone fever. Whenever I first get my new iPhone it expends a ton of battery life downloading all of my apps and photo thumbnails from iCloud. Also, when we get our new phones, we tend to use them much more than we normally would. The combination of these two things has a big negative impact on battery life. I would wait one week when everything is loaded and you are back to normal use. If you are still seeing the quick drain, call Apple Support.

Sep 21, 2019 10:34 AM in response to frankxiv

Yes I did restore from back up, however, I don’t have a lot on my phone. My total back up size is 2.2 GB. No photos or videos or data backed up on iCloud and only 60 total photos on my phone. Not many apps either. As I said, I haven’t used it anymore than I do every day. However, I did just read that there is a bug in IOS 13 with Optimized Battery Charging, if you have that turned on it could eat up battery and cause it to run hot when charging. I turned it off but so far no difference.

Sep 21, 2019 2:17 PM in response to frankxiv

I did check that. I’ve used it a fair amount over the last 10 hours and went down to 5% then put it in the charger. Only safari & Facebook we’re using 15% and 13% respectively. I’ve been in WiFi all day also, in my home. I’ve done 3 hard resets so far thinking that may help. I just don’t understand how it could be the same battery life if not worse than my XS Max. I’m certainly not seeing FIVE MORE hours of battery life.

Sep 21, 2019 3:02 PM in response to iPhone4Chick

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing when I say full reset and you say hard reset. I am not referring to the force quite (volume up, volume down, hold power until Apple logo appears). I am referring to Settings: General: Reset: Erase All Content and Settings.

I feel that there is some bug in your system that is draining the battery.

Iphone 11 pro max battery dying fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.