Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Fast battery drain in the afternoon

Why is my iphone 14 pro max battery draining so fast.

After a full charge i only use it for around 3-4 hours. after 12pm the phone feels overheated. it is mostly email, instagram ,browsing etc. no hard core gaming or anything like that and after 4pm battery reaches 20%. background app refresh is off, Siri is off, frame rate is limited, location service is also off, even the always on display and raise to wake is turned off but still this is happening. My phone is about 1 month old. Should i get it checked by apple or is that normal?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:58 PM

Ahmbara Said:

"Fast battery drain in the afternoon Why is my iphone 14 pro max battery draining so fast. After a full charge i only use it for around 3-4 hours. after 12pm the phone feels overheated. it is mostly email, instagram ,browsing etc. no hard core gaming or anything like that and after 4pm battery reaches 20%. background app refresh is off, Siri is off, frame rate is limited, location service is also off, even the always on display and raise to wake is turned off but still this is happening. My phone is about 1 month old. Should i get it checked by apple or is that normal?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Draining iPhone Battery:

A. Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the battery health and the volume (sound) you use.

1. Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

B. Verify the Baterry Health Percentage:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery. Unfortunately, these if no way to know how, nor when, then percentage decrease occurred. So see if it tine for a new battery...

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

C. Troubleshooting the Battery:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 8:58 PM in response to Ahmbara

Ahmbara Said:

"Fast battery drain in the afternoon Why is my iphone 14 pro max battery draining so fast. After a full charge i only use it for around 3-4 hours. after 12pm the phone feels overheated. it is mostly email, instagram ,browsing etc. no hard core gaming or anything like that and after 4pm battery reaches 20%. background app refresh is off, Siri is off, frame rate is limited, location service is also off, even the always on display and raise to wake is turned off but still this is happening. My phone is about 1 month old. Should i get it checked by apple or is that normal?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Draining iPhone Battery:

A. Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the battery health and the volume (sound) you use.

1. Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

B. Verify the Baterry Health Percentage:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery. Unfortunately, these if no way to know how, nor when, then percentage decrease occurred. So see if it tine for a new battery...

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

C. Troubleshooting the Battery:

Fast battery drain in the afternoon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.