Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My account says I have 3 computers authorized but when I want to authorize my new laptop iTunes tells me I cannot authorize more than 5. Fix?

My account says I have 3 computers authorized but when I want to authorize my new laptop iTunes tells me I cannot authorize more than 5. What's the fix?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:57 PM

See the following from Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

Windows users

If you didn’t deauthorize your computer before you re-installed Windows or upgraded your RAM, hard disk, or other system components, your computer might be using multiple authorizations. Try to deauthorize your computer a few times until it’s no longer authorized, then authorize your computer again. After you do this, it will use only one authorization.

or you might just deauthorize all computers and reauthorize any you still have. That is described in the same link above.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 12:57 PM in response to beamerbetty

See the following from Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

Windows users

If you didn’t deauthorize your computer before you re-installed Windows or upgraded your RAM, hard disk, or other system components, your computer might be using multiple authorizations. Try to deauthorize your computer a few times until it’s no longer authorized, then authorize your computer again. After you do this, it will use only one authorization.

or you might just deauthorize all computers and reauthorize any you still have. That is described in the same link above.

My account says I have 3 computers authorized but when I want to authorize my new laptop iTunes tells me I cannot authorize more than 5. Fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.