Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 has bricked my brand new iPhone X

I received a brand new iPhone X yesterday from Apple under my AppleCare plan. Obviously needed to upgrade it to iOS 13 from what it was currently running, which I don’t recall now. It’s has been sitting with a white background and black apple icon for over 12, yes I said twelve, hours. The black line going across to show download progress was slowly trekking across underneath the apple icon all night and now day. I think there might be a minuscule amount of the download line that has not completed. My eyes are not that good to say for absolute certainty. It has been plugged in the entire time and on a fast WiFi. I will be 100% honest here, I did think maybe it was stuck and so attempted to restart and try again tonight so I could at least have access to my phone during the day, but it would not turn off. Should I let it continue in this state? Is it still actually downloading? And if I am to force a restart , what is the best way? All of my backups are in the cloud, not on my Mac in iTunes.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 9:50 PM

Try the below...this resolved my issue where my screen went black during the update and didn't respond to anything.

Force Restart: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and immediately release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo...if you see the Apple logo then just set it down and let it finish.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 9:50 PM in response to deeRN

Try the below...this resolved my issue where my screen went black during the update and didn't respond to anything.

Force Restart: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and immediately release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo...if you see the Apple logo then just set it down and let it finish.

iOS 13 has bricked my brand new iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.