Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Bootcamp Black Screen

I've been trying to get my Mac Mini (mid 2011) to install Windows 7 64-bit on a Bootcamp partition. I've also tried this with Sierra with the same results.

It appears that it goes through the following steps:

• Creates a Windows 7 or later verion install disk (on a usb using an ISO of Win7 64-bit
  • Download the latest Windows support software
  • Asks me how I would like to partition the HD

Then it reboots to: No bootable devices - Insert boot disk and press any key

The USB is still plugged in, and I have an external optical that has my Win7 64-bit disc in it. If I try to reboot the machine, then it goes straight to a blank, black screen and nothing happens.

After rebooting, I tried to run the EFI, and it just boots back into Yosemite.

If I go back into Yosemite, and got to BCA, the only option is now to Remove Windows 7 or later version.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get Windows 7 to install properly in Bootcamp? I just successfully installed Win7 64-bit on my mid-2009 iMac with Yosemite. That installation went flawlessly.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:21 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 21, 2019 7:17 PM in response to Loner T

I think I was over thinking it. The BCA instructions are not as specific as I hoped, hence the reason I ended up with a USB and an external with a Win7 disc in it, which I read in one of your previous threads, that it was an issue. In reality, all I needed was a single USB, the ISO someplace on the Mac to create the windows installer without any errors.

Thank Loner T! I couldn't have done this without you!

Yosemite Bootcamp Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.