Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable Siri to read back messages using airpods?

How do I enable Siri to read back messages using AirPods?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:00 PM

Hi CFWFCVA,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to have Siri automatically read messages. I’m happy to help. 

You’ll want to make sure “Announce Messages With Siri” is enabled by tapping Settings > Notifications.

Keep in mind this feature is only available with the second version of AirPods.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 5:00 PM in response to CFWFCVA

Hi CFWFCVA,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to have Siri automatically read messages. I’m happy to help. 

You’ll want to make sure “Announce Messages With Siri” is enabled by tapping Settings > Notifications.

Keep in mind this feature is only available with the second version of AirPods.

Take care.

Sep 24, 2019 7:35 AM in response to CFWFCVA

As a clarification, I just purchased the second version AirPods after upgrading my XS Max to OS13 so I've not had prior experience with them. All instructions i've researched and read to enable the capabilities of Siri reading incoming text messages all state the solution Sterling r posted but I cannot find where to "Enable" it with OS13, the Apple OS13 user guide contains no information about it that I can find and neither does the AirPod guides.

How do I enable Siri to read back messages using airpods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.