Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

handoff not working after ios update

I just updated to ios 13 on both my macbook and iPhone, then the handoff between two devices doesn’t work. I checked settings, everything was ok and nothing else changed. I’ve restarted them to try again. Still not working.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:23 PM

I am having the same problem and spent about an hour with Apple support and we couldn't find the fix. They were going to have me do a reset all but I wasn't wilingl to do that because I think it must be a bug in iOS 13.0. I asked if others were reporting the same problem and, after an hour on the phone, she told me that their engineers were looking into it. Just hoping 13.1 fixes it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 2:23 PM in response to lemonC_

I am having the same problem and spent about an hour with Apple support and we couldn't find the fix. They were going to have me do a reset all but I wasn't wilingl to do that because I think it must be a bug in iOS 13.0. I asked if others were reporting the same problem and, after an hour on the phone, she told me that their engineers were looking into it. Just hoping 13.1 fixes it.

Oct 6, 2019 7:24 AM in response to mikenyny

My phone stopped ringing and I no longer get text alert sounds after the update. After talking to Apple, my phone went from bad to worse. We reset my phone, erased it and now its set back to factory settings because that's the only way it'll work. We tried to do a back up from iCloud only to find any backups I have are now corrupt. So the "engineers" are looking into it and in the meantime, my phone is worthless. It rings. big deal. It's not communicating with my iMac, or my car. My iPad wouldn't connect to wifi. This update ruined the smooth communications between all my devices and its so bad, I'm not sure I'll get back what I had. Not very happy with Apple at this point. The latest updates, 13.1 and 13.1.2 did nothing to help.

Oct 13, 2019 5:31 PM in response to patnelson

My phone rings but other than that all that you describe with your phone not functioning as per normal prior to the update I am experiencing too. Handoff between my 3 devices and no Bluetooth connection in my car are the two most frustrating issues that Apple support could not fix. As a last resort after checking my phone “diagnostics” and being told it was working I was asked to sign out of my Apple ID and sign in again and that made no difference.

Also my iPhone XS Max was purchased in August, just a month before this software update so I can’t imagine it’s my new phone that is the problem. Very annoying considering the thousands upon thousands spent over the years with Apple and everyday functions now haven’t worked for over two weeks! What’s the hold up Apple.... ?

handoff not working after ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.