Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent and Trash missing in iOS 13 for POP mail

Can Apple fix the issue of missing Sent and Trash folders in the mail app in iOS 13 when using POP mail accounts on iPhone 11

iPhone

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 4:07 AM

22 replies

Sep 25, 2019 9:14 AM in response to MRYFLYGUY

If I create a Draft eMail and store it then Folder Draft is existing but is and remains EMPTY. I can not store any Draft eMails. That is an error of Mail App up to now, 25/09/2019, 18:05.

All other folder I have been got and they contain eMails.

Folders (all) exist by selection.

All other Folder for my POP3 accounts One and Two have been created by iOS 13.1 as I stored an eMail to it.

Pop3 Account One:

Pop3 Account Two:

Sep 22, 2019 12:04 PM in response to MRYFLYGUY

Me too under iOS 13 on iPhone 11 Pro.

Under my POP Accounts I can not create other any folder.

If I use Archiv (all) then I see some eMails when I have archived an email on an open Mail session. If I close the Mail App and open the Mail App again, then I see NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!! under Archiv (all) until I create an Testmail and archive it on Archiv (all). If I try to create an folder SPAM for example for my POP Account on iPhone 11 Pro then the IOS 13 accepts the dialog but denies to create on my iPhone 11 Pro a local Folder with the „message: Creation of Folder on Server not possible“. True: My POP Account is not an iMAP Account. All that is a catastrophe under iOS 13 on iPhone 11 Pro and I am extremely unhappy with this situation.

Sep 24, 2019 1:56 PM in response to Rubber Pants

Summary:

Draft Folder remains EMPTY even if I say explicitly store Draft eMail !!!

That is a big handikap and clear a failure on Mail App under iOS 13.1 on iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB.

Details:

I use iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB with iOS 13.1 for some hours and testing momentarily Mail App on my Pop 3 Accounts.

I have created an eMail, have send it to myself and have archived it. Afterthat I have been got automatically by iOS13.1 the folders Send, Draft, Trash and Archiv under my POP3 eMail Account Entry on Mail App. The folders Send, Trash and Archiv contain eMails from my tests from Sunday on, that is a great progress from my perspective, but Draft was empty: Ok or not?

If I create a Draft eMail and click on “store Draft”, then the folder Draft is empty and I can not find my Draft eMail anywhere.

If I close Mail App and open it again: Drafts remains empty although I have required before: Save Draft.

I am again unhappy with this Handikap.

If I write for example one hour an eMail and all is going to device null then it remains constantly a real bad experience for me.

Sep 24, 2019 4:22 PM in response to Bombers204

Refering to pop3 Email Accounts with several local folder on iPhone

Yes,

if you will “restore” a former backup to new smartphone hardware

as I have done it on Sunday 22.09.2019 with

iOS 13.0 update on iPhone X from 12.4.1

then restore it on iPhone 11 Pro.

After that all my eMails from iPhone X are NOT on iPhone 11 Pro, anywhere.

No,

on my iPhone X after update to iOS 13.0 and after update to 13.1, today.

All eMails, several thousands, survived on Archiv Folder under my local pop3 Account on it.

No,

on my iPad Air 2 after update from iOS 12.4.1 to iPadOS 13.1, today.

All eMails, several thousands, survived on Archiv Folder under my local pop3 Account on it, too.

Oct 30, 2019 4:24 AM in response to MRYFLYGUY

Dear all, Drafts remain successfully stored on Folder Draft, now, after installation of iOS 13.2 WITHOUT new installation of POP account. All other folders remain insofar untouched with their already stored contents because they have been successfully treated by previous iOS updates. Thank you very much, APPLE. All my difficulties have been successfully solved with MAIL and POP my POP accounts on iOS 13 by their updates till 13.2. Best regards, Michael.

Sent and Trash missing in iOS 13 for POP mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.