Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't synch purchased songs since iOS 13

Since I updated my iPhone to iOS 13, iTunes refuses to synch purchased songs to my iPhone, no matter what I do. I already deleted all my music from my phone, synched it all again, and it all goes well, except, no purchased songs. I know I can simply redownload them from the Apple Server, but the play count doesn't add up since it does not recognise a song on my phone and a song in my iTunes library are one and the same.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 2:04 PM

VouterW,

Trying to sync with an older version of iTunes could be causing issues, so updating the macOS on the computer could help.

You can also try deleting a couple of the songs that you are having issues with and then downloading them again and trying to sync.

When you try to sync the content and it "refuses to sync" exactly what does that entail? Nothing happens, stalls out, quits, etc.

Cheers.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 2:04 PM in response to VouterW

VouterW,

Trying to sync with an older version of iTunes could be causing issues, so updating the macOS on the computer could help.

You can also try deleting a couple of the songs that you are having issues with and then downloading them again and trying to sync.

When you try to sync the content and it "refuses to sync" exactly what does that entail? Nothing happens, stalls out, quits, etc.

Cheers.

Sep 24, 2019 9:52 AM in response to VouterW

Hello VouterW,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are not able to sync purchased content from iTunes to your iPhone. You have tried deleting content from your iPhone and syncing again, with no change. I have a few things to check, but it may come down to downloading the content again.

First, let's start by updating the software on both the iPhone and computer, especially iTunes.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support

Once you have done this, try syncing again:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

One additional thing to make sure of is that both the iPhone and computer are signed into the same Apple ID/iTunes Store account.

If you continue to have issue, please get back with us and we can see where we need to go from there.

Best regards.

Oct 11, 2019 7:09 AM in response to turingtest2

The problem is fixed with the release of macOS Catalina, so I suppose that was the problem all along. I did have to delete all the music on my iPhone, and then sync everything again, but unlike before, now it also synced my purchased songs. Before it didn't give any warning whatsoever, it just did not transfer the songs I had purchased in the past.

iTunes won't synch purchased songs since iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.