Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the Fullbrowser app loading itself on my Mac?

An app called Fullbrowser is suddenly showing up on my Mac. I didn't download it. It freezes my cursor, so I've had to shtu down and restart. I'm worried it's malware.

How can I stop it from reappearing after I've deleted the app from the Applications folder?

Mojave 10.14.6 / Early 2013 MacBook Pro /

Images of it on the Dock and of its dialog box:

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:02 AM

Hello dougitect!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re trying to download an app that appeared on your MacBook Pro. You mentioned that you’ve deleted it from the Applications folder, that’s a good start.

Check to see if it’s still showing in Launchpad, if it is, see if you can remove it from there following the steps in this article: How to delete apps on your Mac. Be sure to also empty the trash. Also, check to see if it is listed in your Login Items. This article will show you how to check, and how to remove it: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

Once you’ve completed all those steps, restart your MacBook Pro and see if reappears. If you’re concerned about malware, you can install and run Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes for Mac. This is a free app which will scan your machine and remove any malware it finds. You can also follow the tips in this article to Protect your Mac from malware

If none of these steps have helped, and you find you need more assistance, Contact Apple Support.

I hope you find this helpful, and can enjoy your day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 11:02 AM in response to dougitect

Hello dougitect!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re trying to download an app that appeared on your MacBook Pro. You mentioned that you’ve deleted it from the Applications folder, that’s a good start.

Check to see if it’s still showing in Launchpad, if it is, see if you can remove it from there following the steps in this article: How to delete apps on your Mac. Be sure to also empty the trash. Also, check to see if it is listed in your Login Items. This article will show you how to check, and how to remove it: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

Once you’ve completed all those steps, restart your MacBook Pro and see if reappears. If you’re concerned about malware, you can install and run Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes for Mac. This is a free app which will scan your machine and remove any malware it finds. You can also follow the tips in this article to Protect your Mac from malware

If none of these steps have helped, and you find you need more assistance, Contact Apple Support.

I hope you find this helpful, and can enjoy your day.

Why is the Fullbrowser app loading itself on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.