Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my MacBook Pro 2017 firmware up-to-date?

Hello people! I've been experiencing waking up from sleep panic issues with my 2017 MacBook Pro post the 10.14.6 update. After several days and hours of going through community help and Apple Support, doing things like reinstalling macOS by erasing the drive among other things, someone finally suggested that I check my Boot ROM Version as it could be a firmware issue.

Can anybody confirm whether this is the correct version we're supposed to be using for this specific MacBoo Pro model? (2017)

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 10:37 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 22, 2019 1:40 PM in response to bhargavdesai

bhargavdesai wrote:

Hey leroydouglas, thanks for your prompt reply and support. I did download that app, and I am a little confused if you could help me out that'd be great.

So here is the output of that app:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4d037924-5f38-4517-87fd-ea42c665b22b

And when I hit the 'Check Blog' beside the EFI Firmware status, this is what I get:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/688d93fe-0c86-417b-8f6b-daceeb776773
Everything matches as you can see. But I can't see any EFI Firmware version to compare mine with. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I appreciate your time and your support.
Thank you!

Easy enough to trigger a background check

and

list pending updates.

You can use the Refresh button—

It appears you are current:

Sep 22, 2019 1:25 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hey leroydouglas, thanks for your prompt reply and support. I did download that app, and I am a little confused if you could help me out that'd be great.

So here is the output of that app:

And when I hit the 'Check Blog' beside the EFI Firmware status, this is what I get:

Everything matches as you can see. But I can't see any EFI Firmware version to compare mine with. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I appreciate your time and your support.

Thank you!

Is my MacBook Pro 2017 firmware up-to-date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.