Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video on my ipad-not pulling it from the cloud each time.

I created 4 videos with my ipad pro. They obviously went up to the icloud (by themselves I believe w/auto backup). So my problem is this; When I want to show the video to a friend (and I hit play) it takes forever to download. How do i get it to be on my ipad without it pulling from the web to play because sometimes it just spins and I cant even watch it?

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 5:25 PM

Hello,

This is due to the videos being stored on iCloud Photo Library with the “Optimize Storage” option enabled in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud > Photos. With this setting enabled all your photos and videos stored in the Photos application will be stored on iCloud and downloaded on demand. You can either disable “Optimized Storage” or store these video files in another application such as Files.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Kustomkid1

Hello,

This is due to the videos being stored on iCloud Photo Library with the “Optimize Storage” option enabled in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud > Photos. With this setting enabled all your photos and videos stored in the Photos application will be stored on iCloud and downloaded on demand. You can either disable “Optimized Storage” or store these video files in another application such as Files.

Video on my ipad-not pulling it from the cloud each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.