Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join WiFi using QR Code?

Hi all,

Long-time iPhone user here (currently using iPhone XS MAX).

I'm unable to join a WiFi network using the QR code?

When I view the code (through the camera), a little banner drops down saying:

"Join [my wifi network name] network"

When I tap it, it slides away and that's it. Nothing else happens and I've waited for 5 minutes in the past and it still hasn't shown anything else.

The 2 people sitting next to me also both have iPhones. After they tap the banner, they get an actual centre-screen prompt, asking them if they want to join the network. They tap Yes/OK and that's it - they're joined.

I don't get that prompt.

We've compared settings for the camera app ("Scan QR Codes" is enabled), the general Wifi and also the settings for that specific network.

They all match, but mine still doesn't work?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dan

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 12:03 AM

Hi and thanks for the reply!

My iPhone is perfectly capable of connecting to WiFi, including the network I’m trying to connect to via QR Code.

It’s literally just via the QR Code that I can’t connect to it; using a password is fine.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 24, 2019 6:37 PM in response to Pinstrypsoldier

Hi Pinstrypsoldier,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone is not connecting to a Wi-Fi network. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Unable to join WiFi using QR Code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.