Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync over wifi missing.

With ios13 sync over wifi is missing, why? I want to backup my iphone localy, on my mac, not over cloud.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:34 AM

5 replies

Sep 23, 2019 4:39 AM in response to xfacto

From what I can tell, you have to do it from the Mac now rather than from the settings on the phone. I do not auto sync with iTunes, so I don’t know if that still works over WiFi when the phones is locked, plugged in to charge, connected to WiFi, and with iTunes running, though I assume that it still does. I can however, initiate the sync over WiFi from iTunes on my Mac, but since it is now missing from the settings that is no longer an option.

Who knows what Apple did this. Leave feedback if you like.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sep 23, 2019 5:29 AM in response to xfacto

You are preaching to the choir. Apple assumes that everybody that owns their hardware is ready, willing and able to update every device every time that they add new features which call for hardware updates. My MBP is running OS X 10.11.6, El Capitan and I am thrilled that I can still sync my iOS devices with EC on the Mac.

Sync over wifi missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.