You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Repeating Notifications on Imessage on IOS 13

Noticed today that my wifes new Iphone 11 and my New Pro Max wont repeat the Imessage notifications. We have them set to repeat 3 times and it only alerts the one time and no repeat alerts as set. Anyone else? Thanks !

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:34 AM

Hello Harleymhs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the repeat notifications for Messages aren't working on two devices. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Here are some suggestions:

If you're still having issues, reach out to the Apple Support team here: Contact Apple Support

Have a great day.

21 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:34 AM in response to Harleymhs

Hello Harleymhs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the repeat notifications for Messages aren't working on two devices. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Here are some suggestions:

If you're still having issues, reach out to the Apple Support team here: Contact Apple Support

Have a great day.

Sep 26, 2019 9:17 PM in response to Harleymhs

I got the iPhone 11 on Tuesday. I’m having the same issue. I called Apple. They had me update to iOS 13.1. I did. It didn’t fix it. They had me reset all network settings. Didn’t help. Then they had me connect to iTunes and uninstall and reinstall. Nope. Still not working. So now they told me to go the Genius Bar. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one having this issue.

Sep 26, 2019 9:24 PM in response to Ladymj009

apple haven’t got a clue!

they have us running to a Genius Bar to fix a problem with our phones when the problem is a bug in iOS 13

genius bar will not be able to help you with this. There is nothing they can do to fix it. Only apple developers can fix this by fixing the bug in iOS 13

I WISH I HAD NEVER UPDATED TO IOS 13 !!!!!

i should have stayed on iOS 12 because iOS 13 has so many issues right now.

Oct 1, 2019 11:44 PM in response to Jonus

This is driving me mad now. I know of 8 people this is affecting. So many updates in the past week and still no fix for this.

what do we have to do to get apple to sort this out. How can apple release new software without checking things are working properly before releasing it.

you can’t tell me that apple employees have not noticed this problem on their own phones !!!!!

Oct 2, 2019 3:59 AM in response to Harleymhs

I’m glad to hear it’s being reported. After an hour and a half at the Apple store they reset my phone for the 5th time. They told me they never heard of this problem and told me since the phone is only a few days old I should go back to where I bought it and ask to return it and get a new one. I listened and now I’m in the process of doing that. Ugh.

Nov 22, 2019 10:01 AM in response to raymondlight

There have been so many updates that I’m losing track of what updates are doing what.

My message repeat started working again for a little while. Everything was fine, and then I made the mistake of getting the newest 13.2.3 release…and the repeat messages have stopped working again!

I agree this is very ridiculous, and I sincerely hope this gets fixed ASAP!

No Repeating Notifications on Imessage on IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.