Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi issues with Iphone 11 Pro Max

Hi! I dont know what is happening with the new iphone 11 ( as I have other iphones updated and there is nor issue with them) but as I connect to the wifi ( 802.1x protocol), after a certain time the conection is lost. There is wifi icon on the iphone but there is no conecction ( no ping....). After turn on off the plane mode, is working after certain time again...same thing. With other iphone 10 with ios 13 no issues.... so I think that the problem is with the iphone 11 hardware or something new on the iphone.... some one the same problem???? thanks in advance!!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:52 PM

My iPhone Pro Max has problems with my home WiFi. My iPhone X has 250mbs +, yet my new iPhone struggles to get 38mbs. Running side by side. I reset Network settings, which helps for a short time, but back to slow WiFi speeds.

169 replies

Dec 7, 2019 6:45 PM in response to BotuBod

• Decided to do a speed test on my new iPhone 11 Pro Max. And I was like WTF? I had just upgraded from an iPhone 8 plus which was a rocket on my wifi. Went thru the previous results and found the best result was Ping 19 , Jitter 1.4, 600Mbps down, 20.9Mbps up. Results could be from 496Mbps down, 516Mbps, 592Mbps, up to the first/best one I previously stated and consistent 16Mbps to 21.0Mbps up. So I expected the same or close there about. Imagine my surprise, when for 3 tries the speeds were 331 up - 20.6 down, then 283 down, 21.0 up, and lastly, 330 down, 20.6 up. My Mac Pro Dual hex core xeon cranked 653Mbps down, then 21.1 up beating the last fastest (646Mbps down , 20.1 up). This is the speed I used to get on both devices. My Internet Plan is 600Mbps down, Unlimited Bandwidth. I'm only getting 1/2 the speed I should be getting. Updated wifi on the 11 Pro Max, and the 8 plus had a/c wifi but yanked down as quick as the gigabit ethernet. I agree with the previous posters that something is up. Hardware maybe, the ( 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2x2 MIMO ) in the 11, the ( 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO ) in the 8 plus ? Just seems weird & at the expensive, but worth it price I would still like an answer or a fix/solution.
  • Cheers

Sep 30, 2019 7:56 PM in response to BotuBod

The new iPhone 11 max doesn’t work on 5Ghz wireless internet! No trouble shooting suggestions have worked nor my call into Apple! I’m planning to take it back for a refund. How do you release a “new” device that only works off 2.4Ghz internet (older slower technology) and won’t work on a 5Ghz wi-fi network (newer much faster technology)? Instead of me using the 11 Pro Max on a 5Ghz wi-fi network with over 400 meg speeds I have to use it on a 2.4 GHz network with 60’s meg speeds. Absolutely ridiculous.

Oct 24, 2019 12:06 PM in response to BotuBod

I can’t use AirPlay on my 11 Max Pro, video is jerky. Always have to keep switching off WiFi as it shows wifi connected but no internet or super slow. IPhone XR, Samsung Galaxy S10, iPad Pro 3, Dell XPS 15 laptop all do not have this problem in same location of house/same wifi router. My 2012 Mac mini also wifi was unreliable but I switched it over to Ethernet cable.

Oct 24, 2019 3:26 PM in response to thelogger

I'm well aware of how DNS works. However when I changed this it improved. Although it seems just changing it was enough , not necessarily what I changed it to as I changed it back to what DHCP provides then it kept working. Keep in mind the issue we are talking about is internet speed while on Wi-Fi, not necessarily Wi-Fi speed. DNS resolution performance can impact internet browsing speed. So just the act of changing it appeared to fix something. No other device I have has any Wi-Fi problems only the 11 Max Pro, it's the worst wifi I've ever had on any device in my life. I will try later to see if I can capture packet traces from a router to capture more detail what is going on when it breaks.

Oct 24, 2019 10:25 PM in response to chentiangemalc

In my case is not only a speed issue! Apparently the iphone is connected to the wifi but didnt surf.... so, I have to turn plane mode and then works perfectly.... I read in other cases that people changed the iphone to a new one and solved the problem.....I have 2 iphones with the same problem and after making the tech suggestions ( restore iphone, restore by icloud, restore by local copy...) i do not have any improvement. The only next solution is to change the iphone I gues........

Oct 25, 2019 8:31 AM in response to BotuBod

I’m also having the same problem, however I found a simple method that helped me

go to settings>Mobile internet(or data) scroll down and turn off WiFi assist.

i was able to stay connected to my 5ghz WiFi router with no problems, although signal isn’t as good as my iPhone X but the speed was relatively the same so I’m happy for now:

hope this helps.

another option would be to go to privacy settings and turn off WiFi network.

good luck

Oct 28, 2019 1:15 PM in response to BotuBod

I am also having trouble with internet connection. It’s really slow and very frustrating . I was booking some flights yesterday on my 11 pro plus and it was taking forever because of the slow wifi. I jumped on my iPhone 10 and booked the flights why I was waiting for it to load. Come on apple pick up your game.

Oct 31, 2019 1:38 PM in response to BotuBod

Same issue here: My iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 8 were working fine on our home wifi network. We both upgraded to the iPhone 11 Pro (me from the Apple store a week ago and her from a Verizon store yesterday), and both began experiencing wifi issues immediately. It seems the wifi antenna is significantly weaker than the previous phones. Doesn't hold a 5ghz or 2.4ghz very well. Falls off frequently and starts using LTE data. I'd love this to be a software issue that can be resolved, not excited about getting two new phones and setting them up again.

wifi issues with Iphone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.