Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes transferred photos keep restoring on iOS13 / iPhone X

After upgrading to iOS13 I noticed that my photos were duplicating in the All Photos views. I decided to use iTunes (12.10.0.7) to remove all the photos and then copy them again to clean things up.

However, after deleting all the images using iTunes, the albums are gone but the images remain. If I watch the Photos app when I try to delete the photos (by turning off Sync Photos in iTunes), the images go away but then they start restoring back. I can do this over and over. Delete photos, they restore back. I don't use iCloud for backing up photos and just to make sure i turned off Wifi and Cellular data. Images still stay they are restoring-I have no idea where it's restoring them from.

How can I get the photos off the phone so that I can rebuild my albums from iTunes?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:37 AM

I'm not sure which version solved the issue. I was out of town and wasn't going to do an OS upgrade on the road. I updated to 13.1.2 this morning. I turned off Sync Photos in iTunes and all the photos were gone on my phone. I turned Sync Photos back on and only have one copy of the images, unlike the 3-5 copies I had before.

I did not have to restore my phone.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 7:37 AM in response to AndrewMcDonald

I'm not sure which version solved the issue. I was out of town and wasn't going to do an OS upgrade on the road. I updated to 13.1.2 this morning. I turned off Sync Photos in iTunes and all the photos were gone on my phone. I turned Sync Photos back on and only have one copy of the images, unlike the 3-5 copies I had before.

I did not have to restore my phone.

Sep 23, 2019 11:30 AM in response to AndrewMcDonald

I've had the same problem after upgrading my iPhone to IOS 13. After restoring the iPhone, the problem had gone.

But syncing photos via iTunes is buggy. If you are for example editing a photo, deleting one or adding one (or several) on your Mac and sync after this, all photos will be deleted on your iPhone. After this, all photos will be synced again. It's frustrating.

iTunes transferred photos keep restoring on iOS13 / iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.