Question:

Question: iPhone 11 on iOS 13 having Bluetooth connectivity issues

New iPhone 11 on iOS 13 is having Bluetooth connectivity issues.

both my daughter and I are having the similar issues.

daughters phone is an 11 64GB Purple.

mine is an 11 128GB White

Hers gets connected to her 2018 Toyota C-HR and constantly drops out. Her iPhone 7 Plus never had any issues.

I have mine connected to a Boss BT module on my motorcycle. Never had any issues with my iPhone X.

neither of our other phones we’re running iOS 13.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

13.1.1 update is available. Do it now and see if that fixes the problem

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 23, 2019 12:10 PM in response to SravanKrA In response to SravanKrA

The problem isn’t connecting. The problem is holding the connection.

I have had just about every generation iPhone. I think I got this. If you don’t have a reasonable solution, please don’t post a “how to use Bluetooth for dummies” guide 🙄

Sep 23, 2019 5:46 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

same thing with my 11 pro max. Happening wtih 2 bluetooth speakers, 1 sound bar, and uconnect in my car... all devices were flawless with my iPhone X and my 8 before that, all are disconnecting/reconnecting with the new phone. Hoping this isn't a widespread problem, or if it is, can be fixed in software...

Sep 23, 2019 12:03 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone ...

iOS 13 has following improvements and nothing in specific to Bluetooth change has been highlighted by Apple in iPhone 11

Control Center

You can now select Wi‑Fi networks and Bluetooth accessories right from Control Center.

Game Controllers

PlayStation 4 controller support

Use your PlayStation 4 game controller with iPhone.

Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth to iPhone.

Find offline devices

Locate a missing device even if it’s not connected to Wi‑Fi or cellular using crowd‑sourced location. When you mark your device as missing and another Apple user’s device is nearby, it can detect your device’s Bluetooth signal and report its location to you. It’s completely anonymous and encrypted end‑to‑end, so everyone’s privacy is protected.

Bluetooth album art

iOS supports the AVRCP 1.6 standard, which includes album art when connected to a supported car kit or speaker.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth location privacy enhancements

API changes and new controls help prevent apps from accessing your location without your consent while you’re using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 23, 2019 12:03 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone ...

iOS 13 has following improvements and nothing in specific to Bluetooth change has been highlighted by Apple in iPhone 11

Control Center

You can now select Wi‑Fi networks and Bluetooth accessories right from Control Center.

Game Controllers

PlayStation 4 controller support

Use your PlayStation 4 game controller with iPhone.

Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth to iPhone.

Find offline devices

Locate a missing device even if it’s not connected to Wi‑Fi or cellular using crowd‑sourced location. When you mark your device as missing and another Apple user’s device is nearby, it can detect your device’s Bluetooth signal and report its location to you. It’s completely anonymous and encrypted end‑to‑end, so everyone’s privacy is protected.

Bluetooth album art

iOS supports the AVRCP 1.6 standard, which includes album art when connected to a supported car kit or speaker.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth location privacy enhancements

API changes and new controls help prevent apps from accessing your location without your consent while you’re using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Sep 23, 2019 12:03 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Sep 23, 2019 12:10 PM in response to SravanKrA In response to SravanKrA

The problem isn’t connecting. The problem is holding the connection.

I have had just about every generation iPhone. I think I got this. If you don’t have a reasonable solution, please don’t post a “how to use Bluetooth for dummies” guide 🙄

Sep 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Reply Helpful (37)

Sep 23, 2019 2:04 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

When I upgraded to my iPhone 11 Pro I discovered that only Bluetooth pairing to my  Watch and AirPods were transferred correctly. I had previously paired with three other devices. I had to forget those devices in Settings > Bluetooth and then pair them again. Hopefully that will work for you.

Sep 23, 2019 2:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 23, 2019 5:46 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

same thing with my 11 pro max. Happening wtih 2 bluetooth speakers, 1 sound bar, and uconnect in my car... all devices were flawless with my iPhone X and my 8 before that, all are disconnecting/reconnecting with the new phone. Hoping this isn't a widespread problem, or if it is, can be fixed in software...

Sep 23, 2019 5:46 PM

Reply Helpful (8)

Sep 24, 2019 12:34 PM in response to Sledneck In response to Sledneck

I have new iPhone 11 Pro. I will not maintain connection with my Kirkland KS9 hearing aids nor with my Eufy bathroom scale (bluetooth). However, it does work with my bluetooth earbuds and Apple Watch 4. iOS 13.1 did not fix either problem. I have talked to Costco and Eufy. Both companies say they are aware of the problem, that it appears to be iPhone 11 only (not ios13). Eufy said they hoped to release an updated app soon. Costco/Phonak does not have an ETA for a fix.

Sep 24, 2019 12:34 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: Sledneck

Question: iPhone 11 on iOS 13 having Bluetooth connectivity issues