Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27", late 2012 reboot loop after chime, no AHT no recovery

Hello all, hope I can get some feedback here.

My iMac is basically stuck in a loop which is: power on, chime kicks in, apple logo shows up (with progress bar) then few seconds (10-15) and it reboots and we are back to point one (chime etc etc.)

Things I have tried so far:

1) Reset PRAM and NVRAM several times , no difference

2) SMC reset, unplugged for a minute, plug back, no difference

3) Tried to access recovery and internet recovery, same story, progress bar to approx 50% then reboot, for internet recovery, it actually shows the globe but after a few minutes of progress bar it reboots.

4) Tried to boot from USB (holding shift works and brings up the selection menu with wifi etc etc, keyboard and mouse work properly), after selecting the drive, about a minute of progress bar and then reboot

Only once at the begin I did receive an EFI error

Error:8000000000000003, Cannot load 'EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi'

Will try next https://github.com/upekkha/AppleHardwareTest

Any suggestion?

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 4:26 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 25, 2019 12:15 PM in response to garbia

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, garbia.

If I understand your post correctly, your Mac will not finish starting up. I’d like to help.

It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting. Please confirm that you've completed all the steps in this article:

If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

iMac 27", late 2012 reboot loop after chime, no AHT no recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.