Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPhone 6 to 12.4 today. Now my Apple 3 watch can’t pair with my phone. The process gets stuck on saying my phone needs updating my my phone says updates are complete. What next??

i can’t get my iPhone 6 to pair with my Apple Watch 3 since my update to 12.4.

error on paring process says my phone needs to be updated but my phone says it’s up to date

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:18 PM

iOS 12.4.1 does work with watchOS 5.3.1

And if you did not try to upgrade your Apple Watch, then it should still be 5.3.1, and it should pair with your iPhone.

If you cannot get it paired, suggest you take the iPhone and Apple Watch into an Apple Store and have them help you pair your watch and phone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 8:18 PM in response to Th4926

iOS 12.4.1 does work with watchOS 5.3.1

And if you did not try to upgrade your Apple Watch, then it should still be 5.3.1, and it should pair with your iPhone.

If you cannot get it paired, suggest you take the iPhone and Apple Watch into an Apple Store and have them help you pair your watch and phone.

I updated my iPhone 6 to 12.4 today. Now my Apple 3 watch can’t pair with my phone. The process gets stuck on saying my phone needs updating my my phone says updates are complete. What next??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.