Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shuffle all downloaded songs on my Apple Watch when not connected to my iPhone or WiFi?

I have an Apple Watch 4 with watchOS. i have 5 albums dowloaded on the watch. When I go for runs, I connect my AirPods but leave my iPhone at home, so I am not connected to my iPhone or WiFi (the only connection is my AirPods). i do not have playlists set up as this makes little sense with only 5 albums on the device - I will listen to all rhe songs in a typical long run. However, I do wish to shuffle all the downloaded albums/songs on my device, but I am not able to find a way - the Music app Has a shuffle above ALL the albums I have (incl those on my disconnected iPhone) but not above just the albums downloaded on the device. This seems like a major oversight, why would I download albums if I can’t shuffle them on my Apple Watch? Please tell me if I’m missing something?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:53 AM

I have albums downloaded on my Series 3 (GPS Model) and I use it all the time with my connected AirPods without my iPhone present. I as well prefer it by song and not album or artist.

I tap the music app, then tap music>Library>Songs> then on the upper left hand side> Shuffle All

This works just the same by artist or album.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 5:53 AM in response to unisfromcapetown

I have albums downloaded on my Series 3 (GPS Model) and I use it all the time with my connected AirPods without my iPhone present. I as well prefer it by song and not album or artist.

I tap the music app, then tap music>Library>Songs> then on the upper left hand side> Shuffle All

This works just the same by artist or album.

Sep 27, 2019 9:25 PM in response to Randy-12

When I first tested this, I was in an area with WiFi. However, I then went for a run, and then it would not work. It remembered all the songs on my iPhone, and when I tried to shuffle it simply stated that there is no internet connection. I even started with one of the songs on my Apple Watch. So the issue has not been resolved. I find it dumb that you can download albums but not shuffle them.

How do I shuffle all downloaded songs on my Apple Watch when not connected to my iPhone or WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.