Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle All Music On Apple Watch

Just upgraded to the S5 GPS watch from a Series 2. The difference is incredible in every way. However, I'm having an issue with music not behaving the same. On my S2, I saved a few playlists into it for playback anywhere. To listen, I just open the Now Playing app and hit play. It automatically shuffles all music saved on the watch.

With the S5, it doesn't seem to do this. When I tried the same, it played an album not explicitly saved on watch (phone was in range, but not streaming from Apple Music). Since the watch now accesses Apple Music library, when I try to shuffle all songs, it tries to play my entire library, not what's saved on watch.

Is there a way to "Shuffle All" the songs/playlists manually saved on the watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 9:19 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 8, 2019 7:08 AM in response to umparrothead

Hello there umparrothead,

Thanks for the post. I see you have a question about music playback on your Apple Watch.

You might find this information to be helpful, from the resource titled Play music on Apple Watch. You should be able to select between playing music stored on your Apple Watch, or music from your Apple Music library:

"After you pair Bluetooth headphones or speakers, open the Music app  on your Apple Watch, then do any of the following:

• Play music on your Apple Watch: Turn the Digital Crown to scroll through album artwork, then tap a playlist or album to play it.
  • Use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to choose which songs to add to Apple Watch.
  • Play music from iPhone (Bluetooth pairing not required): Scroll to the top of the screen, tap On iPhone, then tap a playlist, artist, album, or song to play it.
  • Play music from your music library: Tap Library, then tap an album, playlist, or song not on your Apple Watch to play it.
  • Listen to Apple Music (Apple Music subscription required): Raise your wrist, then request an artist, album, song, or genre."

I hope this helps! Have a great day.

Oct 8, 2019 7:29 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for the reply. It is partially helpful, but doesn't answer the question. On my Series 2, I could just open Now Playing and hit play. This would shuffle all music stored on the watch (multiple playlists). Now, since the Series 5 supports Apple Music, this doesn't seem to work. Is there a Siri or screen command to have the watch shuffle *all* music saved on it (from Watch app on iPhone) to match Series 2 functionality?

Shuffle All Music On Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.