Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So is Home Sharing no longer a feature under IOS 13?

With the update (what a poor term for making so many things on my iPhone harder to do) to iOS 13, Home Sharing no longer appears as an option when using Music on my iPhone. Yesterday I was able to listen to music from my iMac's iTunes on my iPhone using Home Sharing. Today I cannot.

Is there a hidden setting I'm missing? Is this useful and intuitive feature no longer supported because the Apple programmers have decided I'm not allowed to use my iPhone the way I used to and I have to use some new and different app, just because? Am I just SOL?

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 4:18 AM

Solved it.

I have two routers in my house, each with two channels. When my the iOS was updated, somehow my phone changed the router/channel it usually connects to, resulting in

the iPhone and the iMac no longer were on the same WiFi channel.

Resetting the channel on my phone to match my iMac solved the problem.

Due to the timing I though it was a iOS change but changing my settings fixed it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 4:18 AM in response to Fusilier

Solved it.

I have two routers in my house, each with two channels. When my the iOS was updated, somehow my phone changed the router/channel it usually connects to, resulting in

the iPhone and the iMac no longer were on the same WiFi channel.

Resetting the channel on my phone to match my iMac solved the problem.

Due to the timing I though it was a iOS change but changing my settings fixed it.

So is Home Sharing no longer a feature under IOS 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.