Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am trying to update the apple id on my account and getting a message "email not vallid. you need to chose another email" but this email is valid and getting emails.

my mom has 3 devices.

two share the same apple ID and the third doesn't.

i am trying tp update the apple id and it give me the following message ""email not valid. you need to chose another email" but this email is valid and getting emails.

The problem i started with was to make sure photos will be synched between the two devices and in order to so it i would like to have them on the same apple id

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 7:07 AM

I'm not sure I completely understand, but you can't rename one Apple ID to be the same name as another Apple ID. If you want the photos to sync, sign out on one device and sign in with the existing ID that has the photos you want to sync.

1 reply

i am trying to update the apple id on my account and getting a message "email not vallid. you need to chose another email" but this email is valid and getting emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.