Question:

Question: iPhone 11 Pro Max won’t charge wirelessly

Brand new iPhone Pro Max 512gb, last night didn’t charge wirelessly.

• No case on phone
  • Belkin charger that works on my XR

See the image attached, support claim it was charging but there wasn’t enough power getting through so the battery didn’t charge. Their solution was to turn off a feature that is in place to extend the life of the battery.

Im thinking I just need to return the device as it is clearly faulty, any one else had these issues?

See images.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 27, 2019 1:00 PM in response to Fjacobs94 In response to Fjacobs94

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 11. It worked fine on my Pixel Stand and then today it no longer works on any Wireless Charger. I updated to 13.1 last night. I tried the Reset All Settings and the Disable Battery Optimization and that doesn't fix it. I believe this is a software issue because I can get it to charge after a reboot but then once it's off, it doesn't work again. I have not tried a factory reset yet but I guess that's the next step.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 27, 2019 7:12 AM in response to MrWangsiPhone In response to MrWangsiPhone

There is the feature of the phone charging to 80% and stopping which is supposed to help with battery life. You should be able to go into Settings / Battery / Battery Health and switch off Optimized Battery Charging.

In iOS 13, a new charging algorithm will keep your iPhone at 80% when charging overnight. That algorithm will determine when you typically wake up and start the day, and restart the charging sequence to give you fully charged battery when you wake up.

Sep 27, 2019 7:12 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
Question marked as Helpful

Sep 27, 2019 1:00 PM in response to Fjacobs94 In response to Fjacobs94

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 11. It worked fine on my Pixel Stand and then today it no longer works on any Wireless Charger. I updated to 13.1 last night. I tried the Reset All Settings and the Disable Battery Optimization and that doesn't fix it. I believe this is a software issue because I can get it to charge after a reboot but then once it's off, it doesn't work again. I have not tried a factory reset yet but I guess that's the next step.

Sep 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Sep 28, 2019 7:16 AM in response to cjoppru In response to cjoppru

I just got the new iPhone 11 and had the same trouble. The night before I had no issues charging my XS on the same charging pad. When I placed my 11 down it made the noise and flashed the charge icon but then right after that, the icon was gone and the phone wasn’t charging. It died in the middle of the night and I had to plug it in this morning.

Sep 28, 2019 7:16 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Oct 2, 2019 1:18 PM in response to lizette8758 In response to lizette8758

You know, apple ran the diagnostics and found no issues. I ended up going and getting a different charging pad. The one I have now is Anker brand. I don’t know if it was the update or my off-brand charging pad but it is working now. Also, a lot of the glitches have smoothed out.

Oct 2, 2019 1:18 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 3, 2019 7:21 AM in response to MrWangsiPhone In response to MrWangsiPhone

My wireless charger was working fine on my 11 PMx... once I upgraded to 13.1.2 it stopped working. I tested it on other wireless chargers and nothing. I had friends try their phone on my wireless chargers and worked fine. I do hope apply fixes this glitch soon.

Oct 3, 2019 7:21 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Oct 3, 2019 7:41 AM in response to daroc77 In response to daroc77

Same issue here (iPhone PMx on 13.1.2).

Disabled Optimised Charging with no luck.

I have 2 wireless pads and neither work.

It did work prior to software update however not as well as my old XS Max. Using same Bellroy wallet case, XS Max charged with no issue with 2 cards in back of case. New Pro Mx didn’t - had to remove cards and then wallet before it would charge wirelessly. Now not working at all.

Oct 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 3, 2019 8:18 AM in response to daroc77 In response to daroc77

That is just a temporary fix. I came to the conclusion that certain 3rd party wireless chargers are causing it to disable wireless and that's why reboots fix it. It seemed to only happen on a certain charger I used at work. I ended up returning my phone and switching back to my Pixel 3.

It seems like a software issue since it works at times. Almost like Apple has a built-in feature to disable Wireless charging when it detects something it doesn't like.

Good luck to you all!

Oct 3, 2019 8:18 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 3, 2019 6:57 PM in response to MrWangsiPhone In response to MrWangsiPhone

Having mixed ideas.. while my iphone 11 is 13.1.1 no longer accepting wireless charging(using anker powerwave stand and quick charge 3.0). However my bf's iphone 11( 13.1.2) is taking the charges seamlessly. Trying to get enough charge thru plug in and update to 13.1.2.. fingers crossed. ( ugh.. hating these mini updates with a passion)

Oct 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MrWangsiPhone

Question: iPhone 11 Pro Max won’t charge wirelessly