Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Contacts Empty After iOS 13 Upgrade

The contacts are fine in my iCloud account and Messages app, but appear like this in Phone and Contacts app.

I tried pretty much everything I could, including:

1. Disabling/Enabling iCloud Contacts
  2. Hard reset of phone

Please help!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 10:03 AM

4 replies

Sep 26, 2019 12:17 PM in response to admin0730

Hi admin0730,

Thanks for replying. If your contacts were associated with a different type of account or service, you might need to turn that function back on under Settings > Passwords & Accounts: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Set up your contacts account

You can set up your email accounts to share contacts with the Contacts app. If you have a contacts account, like a business or school directory, you can set that up too. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Tap Add Account.
  3. Tap your email account and turn on Contacts. Or tap Other to set up a contacts account, like an LDAP or CardDAV account.
  4. Enter your information and password.
  5. Tap Next.

If you have multiple accounts set up in the Contacts app and want to see contacts for a specific one, open Contacts and tap Groups in the upper-left corner."

Best wishes.

Sep 26, 2019 12:17 PM in response to admin0730

Hi admin0730,

Thanks for replying. If your contacts were associated with a different type of account or service, you might need to turn that function back on under Settings > Passwords & Accounts: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Set up your contacts account

You can set up your email accounts to share contacts with the Contacts app. If you have a contacts account, like a business or school directory, you can set that up too. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Tap Add Account.
  3. Tap your email account and turn on Contacts. Or tap Other to set up a contacts account, like an LDAP or CardDAV account.
  4. Enter your information and password.
  5. Tap Next.

If you have multiple accounts set up in the Contacts app and want to see contacts for a specific one, open Contacts and tap Groups in the upper-left corner."

Best wishes.

Sep 26, 2019 7:20 AM in response to admin0730

Hi admin0730,

Thank you for posting. I understand you're not seeing your contacts after updating your iPhone.

You've done some great troubleshooting so far. If you open a web browser on your computer and Use iCloud.com, do you see your contacts there?

Are you running into similar issues with any other synced content, like Photos or Calendar?

If you see your contacts on the iCloud website, this resource has steps you can try next: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync. In particularly, the suggestion to update to iOS 13.1 would be a great idea if you haven't already.

I hope this helps! Take care.

Sep 26, 2019 8:17 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I upgraded to iOS 13.1 and can view contacts again, but I realized that many of them are missing (this was the case before the upgrade). I thought iCloud.com had all my contacts, but now I see many of my most common ones aren't there. Messages app showed all contact names before the upgrade, but now shows mostly phone numbers. I know that I had used Facebook to fill some contact info in the past and it looks like that integration may be gone. Could that be causing the issue? I fear that I may have lost many contact records. Is there a way to restore them?

All Contacts Empty After iOS 13 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.