Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BeautyGate iOS 13 (iPhone 11 pro)

Anyone else experiencing aggressive smoothing of face on camera on iPhone 11 pro iOS 13?

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 2:35 PM

I just recently bought the iPhone 11 and I got extremely disappointed at how smoothed our the pictures were and how everything is just blurred. The flash also is horrible to use . I’m thinking about returning it and downgrading to a iPhone 8 Plus. I had went to my carrier store today and they told me to download iOS 13.1 and they said it would probably fix mostly everything that’s bugged out but I downloaded it and the camera definitely did not fix its excessive smoothing. It really turns me off and I’m super disappointed 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 2:35 PM in response to @Eric166

I just recently bought the iPhone 11 and I got extremely disappointed at how smoothed our the pictures were and how everything is just blurred. The flash also is horrible to use . I’m thinking about returning it and downgrading to a iPhone 8 Plus. I had went to my carrier store today and they told me to download iOS 13.1 and they said it would probably fix mostly everything that’s bugged out but I downloaded it and the camera definitely did not fix its excessive smoothing. It really turns me off and I’m super disappointed 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Dec 27, 2019 6:27 AM in response to @Eric166

PLEASE put an end to this dumb “beauty filter”.. it does nothing but make photos look fake and tacky. I used to have an iPhone 8plus and honestly I enjoyed that camera 100x better.. I’ve looked up multiple videos and tutorials on how to remove this “filter” yet there’s nothing. It would be convenient for Apple to give the option of turning on or off so the customers have a preference.

Jan 10, 2020 7:28 PM in response to @Eric166

yes, i am as well! i was really excited to get my new iphone 11 at first, but now i want to switch back to my 8. i like the way how my natural skin looks. the smoothing makes my face so much worse. i get that apple was tying to do something that would make people feel less insecure possibly, but personally i don’t like it. apple should’ve added a feature where you can turn it on or off. i’m very irritated at this point and i’m hoping they find a way to fix it. honestly, with the smoothing, i feel more insecure.

BeautyGate iOS 13 (iPhone 11 pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.