Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max - freezing issues

anyone having issues with the new iphone 11 pro max - often click on the camera and it is frozen and just offers a black screen - messages froze this

morning - only way is to turn the phone off and back on again to clear the issue

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 5:21 PM

Mine too - except my issue is in Contacts - if I search for a contact - it just freezes up. I close the app and it either remains frozen at the same spot or resets to the general view - very frustrating for a 2 day old $1400 phone.....

245 replies

Oct 4, 2019 3:24 AM in response to ndiliberto

Me too. My camera freezes. My entire screen freezes sometimes. I have some lag when swiping across pages. The dark mode glitch where it flashes from white to black is driving me nuts. Then screen sensitivity is bad as I will be swiping up reading a webpage and it automatically switches to a new article listed in the original page, moving apps is very slow and hard to do as you have to hold very lightly for too long otherwise it registers to do something else. This whole phone feels buggy and a waste of $1200

Sep 26, 2019 12:10 PM in response to Jimbob6723

Hey there Jimbob6723,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on getting your new iPhone 11 Pro Max. I understand you’re having issues using the Camera and Messages apps. I’ll be happy to help with this.

First, there has been an update to iOS 13.1 that was recently released. If you haven’t updated already, use the following links to help you back up and update your iPhone 11 Pro Max:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn’t help, please go through the steps in this link to help with the camera issue:

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Cheers

Nov 6, 2019 8:12 AM in response to TheJazzy1

TheJazzy1 wrote:

I've had my iPhone 11 Pro Max 5days:
1) the screen has frizen several times a day;
2) the orientation sticks even though unlocked;
3) scrolling up/down results in “swiping” to another page/app;
4) There is a spot right under the camera that gets very hot 🔥 when I first take the phone off the charger, but then it cools down.
*the phone is not in a case
*not using Bluetooth/wireless charging

If Apple doesn’t fix these bugs, they can have their phone back. I’m go back to my iPhone 8!!!

How many times have you taken your phone in to be looked at at your local Genius Bar?

If none, do so now; that is not normal operation.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Nov 13, 2019 4:09 AM in response to McBaer

Because knowing whether a problem is universal is a huge debugging technique. It certainly makes a big difference if something happens in all circumstances rather than just some; for example this particular issue is decidedly rare.

Most people with 11 Pro Maxes are not experiencing freezes, which indicates it’s likely a software issue of some type, a big help in tracking it down.

i also don’t understand why you are talking about “standing around” an Apple Store for “three hours;” if you make a Genius Bar appointment you won’t wait more than two or three minutes once it’s your appointment time:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jan 3, 2020 2:34 PM in response to Jimbob6723

Forget about the Camera, I got my 11 Pro Max a month before and it got frozen twice till now while playing games and while sending some important mail and i waited for an hour and fed up and searched in Youtube for Iphone 11 pro max frozen screen problem

The solution is to press

1. Volume up
  2. Volume down
  3. long press power button until you get the apple Logo on the screen

Hope they will resolve this issue sooner.

I got apple care protection, if this happens again I am gonna claim for new one

iPhone 11 Pro Max - freezing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.