Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS (iOS 13.1) Third party cookies blocked despite Safari options being set to enable them

Third party cookies are being blocked by Safari although they are explicitly enabled in the settings app. The settings are:

• Settings > Safari > Cross-site-tracking OFF
  • Settings > Safari > Block all cookies OFF

...but to no avail. All sites I tested, including https://www.whatismybrowhttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/250446573 display that my iPad blocks all third party cookies.

There is a similar discussion that seems to have been ignored by Apple support after a while.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250446573

I changed the settings to allow cookies again, cleared all local website data and restarted the iPad completely. Still without success. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:24 AM

15 replies

Sep 30, 2019 4:52 AM in response to QuickPost

Hi @zmclearan,

I'm reaching out to you in case you might have heard something recently.

So far, I have not heard from Apple following my product feedback. This seems to be quite a pressing bug with 9 other people having marked this issue as being their problem too. This question is phrased rather technically, so it's likely there are a lot more people out there who encounter the same problem but couldn't find this thread.

Is there any way you could contact the tech team and/or other members of the support team to ask for any solutions to this? If Apple cannot supply a fix soon, is there a way we as the application provider can create a workaround?

Thanks!

Mark

Oct 12, 2019 7:25 PM in response to QuickPost

Hi - I worked with Apple support several weeks back with the same problem. The bug prevents Cloud9 (AWS) from working with the new OS. They asked that I open a bug as well. I haven’t heard anything back.

It should be noted that this is some kind of blocking that happens at the OS level, for which there is no current configuration option. It doesn’t only affect Safari - it seems to affect any browser running on the new OS.

It would be good to hear if any progress is being made addressing this.

Nov 13, 2019 1:28 PM in response to redmark5

Confirmed - whatismybrowser.com is still showing that cookies are working fine, but that the 3rd party cookies are being blocked. As noted above, this is also happening in Chrome, but not happening in Opera - therefore I cannot see this as an OS issue, but maybe an app issue that has not updated a configuration setting FOR this version of iOS.

I have seen a couple of people that have said that it has been fixed with iOS 13.2 - however I am running 13.3Beta(x) and I still have the issue with both Safari and Chrome. I may try another browser just for grins, and might even uninstall and re-install Chrome to see if that makes a difference. I will cross my fingers, but I am not holding my breath.

I will update as soon as I can.

RD

Nov 23, 2019 6:23 AM in response to redmark5

I have the same problem with third parties saying i have to unblock cookies on my iPad Pro, my 15 inch MacBook and now my 16 inch MacBook Pro. The only way these websites will work is with my iPhone 11 Pro.

of course I have tried everything possible, but to no avail. My cookies are unblocked by everything I can control.

Luckily I have phone, not fun but it works.

Anyone with a solution, please post!

iPadOS (iOS 13.1) Third party cookies blocked despite Safari options being set to enable them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.