Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 night mode blue dots

I just received my iPhone this morning and when I shot it with night mode at night, there were blue dots on the photo which are not there in the actual scene.

I circled the blue dots for clarity.

I am wondering if anyone having the same issue?

This issue was reported on the Taiwan tv show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJW5wto360

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 12:49 AM

I noticed that its caused by reflections. Some youtubers tried using night mode on different phones and they all showed the same problem. I don't think it could be fixed if its hardware issue. Hopefully Apple can roll out new software update to mitigate this issue.

Similar questions

21 replies

Nov 12, 2019 7:09 PM in response to naim417

Is Apple going to come out with a fix to remove the blue dots when taking night time photos. I spent a lot of money for my iPhone 11, and I don’t think it should be doing this. Apple needs to step up and make a better camera. My sister has a Samsung, it takes much better pictures. My old motorola took better pictures. Come on Apple, get it together.

Jan 31, 2020 8:42 PM in response to Doufulai

I have an iPhone 8+ & it has the same issue! I went from a Samsung Galaxy to iPhone for supposedly superior night photos...not the case at all! I may take ten night pics (have tried changing settings to no avail) & I may get one without the blue orbs. Very disappointing! All of these questions about the same topic & I don't see any Apple support!

Feb 14, 2020 6:05 PM in response to basar48

I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB and I also notice the same anomoly when taking photos. I can easily edit these out in Adobe Lightroom and or Photoshop. The main issue is.... This also happens while shooting night or day video. There seems to be a series of floating white/blue dots or weird phantom shadows appearing and disappearing in places they shouldn't be. The white/blue dots are always present while shooting night and low-light conditions. Also, shooting video in the day time with great lighting what happens there is when the video is capturing darks or blacks those blue/white dots appear. They just float around the video and are a pain in the butt to edit out in Adobe Premiere!

I spent like $1600 on this phone because Apple claimed it takes the best Photos and Video in low-light conditions. However, it fails drastically because of these anomolies!

Why hasn't Apple given an official response on this issue? Many, if not everyone, is having these same issues with the new iPhone 1.1

I trouble-shot this issue shooting video in day, low-light and night using all of the photo and video modes thinking it was just the 4K 60FPS... But it also did this at 4K 30FPS, 4K 24FPS and also on all the other video settings including the slow-motion and the bursts.

I am very disappointed and I know Steve Jobs, if he were alive, would never have released this product to market as is. Apple was obviously in a hurry to release this phone to market because the Galaxy Note 10+ was capturing market share. I have tested the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and hands down beats iPhone 11 Pro in video and photos and has a super steady mode that is crazy good. I just don't like Android. I am an Apple, Mac guy etc. I just might sale this phone and get the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G which will do 8K Video on both the forward and rear facing camera.

Apple needs to correct this issue ASAP and recall the buggy iPhone 11's and provide a working version in exchange.

iPhone 11 night mode blue dots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.