Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

I just recently got a new phone and went to take all of my photos off of my old phone and put them onto my computer so that my iCloud storage was clear and all of my photos would be saved on my laptop... I can not figure out how to do this. iCloud is set up on my phone and my laptop and when I go into photos only 12 pictures show up in my photo streaming section and I can’t find any other photos. When I log into my iCloud on the internet all of my photos show up but I have over 12,000 photos I needs downloaded. There has to be an easier way to export all of my photos from my cloud to my MacBook Pro than clicking each photo and downloading it.

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 11:24 AM

Have you opened the Photos application, then gone to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up Syncing? Gone to System Preferences/iCloud and checked Photos syncing on?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is very, very slow and could take a couple of days or more.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 11:24 AM in response to Mhuey01

Have you opened the Photos application, then gone to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up Syncing? Gone to System Preferences/iCloud and checked Photos syncing on?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is very, very slow and could take a couple of days or more.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.