Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to type hashtag symbol?

I need to type a hashtag but my MacBook Pro 13" keyboard (with Touch Bar) has both the hashtag and the £ on the number 3 on the same key and I cannot access the hashtag.

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Bev11 wrote:

I need to type a hashtag but my MacBook Pro 13" keyboard (with Touch Bar) has both the hashtag and the £ on the number 3 on the same key and I cannot access the hashtag.

When you see a 3rd character on a key over at the right edge, it means you use the Option/Alt key to type that one. Another example is the Euro symbol you might see on the 2 key.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 3:06 PM in response to Bev11

Bev11 wrote:

When you see a 3rd character on a key over at the right edge, it means you use the Option/Alt key to type that one. Another example is the Euro symbol you might see on the 2 key.

how to type hashtag symbol?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.