Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Sound

When I updated my phone to iOS 13.1 the lock sound was not working. I rebooted my phone several times went to the sound and haptics section of the settings menu and turned my ringer off and on multiple times as well as the lock sound. I later discovered that the lock sound was now being adjusted by the phone sound for videos not the ringer volume. Is there anyway that this can be reverted back to adjusting it with the ringer volume?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:50 PM

The volume buttons (left of iPhone) has 2 settings:

The Ringer & Alerts with Change with Buttons: ON

1. System tones
  2. Apps' tones (need to open the app to adjust the volume)

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 3, 2019 9:49 PM in response to ckuan

ckuan,

That is irrelevant to the question posed. A_Haggard1 is stating that, prior to iOS 13, the device’s lock sound volume was tied directly to the ringer / system sounds volume. With iOS 13, it’s now tied into the normal audio (eg- games, music, YouTube, etc.) volume. With the audio volume down or muted, the lock sound cannot be heard. The “Change With Buttons” option does not affect this.

I, too, would like it set back to the way it always had been... or at least be given the option to select which audio it’s grouped with.

Lock Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.