Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2019 fan noise

Hello,

I just replaced my 2009 MacBook Pro with the 2019 model (it lasted long and still is a good machine). Overall I am very happy with this buy but I have a concern about the noise of the fan. I do not complain about the fan being working and cooling down the computer but the actual sound/noise of the fan is significantly louder than in my previous Apple laptop. Apart from whistle-air noise I can hear a noise of the fan's engine or something. It's not loud but it's very different from my last MacBook so that's why I'm here.

Is it something common with the new MacBook's fans or is my not working properly? I wanted to ask there first before going to the service due to the distance to the closest Apple Store.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:26 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202179

2 replies

Oct 22, 2019 11:57 AM in response to fyip

Yeah that is accurate and fair enough, but I understand the question. Sometimes you have new hardware and it does something like this and other owners do not have it. Thing is, of course, different people have different ambient input. So I suppose as long as it lasts about the estimated time on battery, the fan is doing fine. I worried my battery was really not good on this new 15" doing light tasks, but it seemed to get about eight hours in the end. I imagine further OS updates will help.

MacBook Pro 2019 fan noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.