Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13/13.1 safari issues

Since upgrading to iOS 13/13.1, I have been having issues with safari loading web pages. It goes not seem to affect all pages, however on some google searches and web pages, it’s finishes loading however no content is displayed. This is happening on my iPhone X which is one 13.1, also on my iPad Air 2 which is also on 13.1 and my old iPhone 7 Plus which is on 13.

anyone else having this same issue and is there a fix for this?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM

I have the same issue and it’s extremely annoying! On a brand new iPhone 11 Pro. iOS 13.2 did not resolve the issue. Safari would randomly refuse to load pages (as it in loads but displays a blank page), unable to refresh, webpages are not correctly displayed and displays content that cannot be clicked because the click locations are misaligned! Google chrome exhibits none of the symptoms. WhatsApp is buggy too, displays text in the wrong places at times!

73 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM in response to jagga2k

I have the same issue and it’s extremely annoying! On a brand new iPhone 11 Pro. iOS 13.2 did not resolve the issue. Safari would randomly refuse to load pages (as it in loads but displays a blank page), unable to refresh, webpages are not correctly displayed and displays content that cannot be clicked because the click locations are misaligned! Google chrome exhibits none of the symptoms. WhatsApp is buggy too, displays text in the wrong places at times!

Jan 15, 2020 5:57 AM in response to jagga2k

From Da_Apple_Guy: I saw this in my email - cant see it on here.

Yes, we know... Safari 13 for iOS is broke and you are switching to Android and migrating to Chrome.

Truth: You will be back with the iOS 13.4 drop. You will continue to buy iPhones year over year. You will continue to misuse forums and complain about your lack of or failed first world entitlements.

Forums for technical problems are simple:

1. Start a thread by bringing attention to a problem you are experiencing.
  2. Concur with someone else’s experience or explain how your’s differs.
  3. Ok this is a big one... wait for it... provide a solution ??
  4. Discuss with others that a solution didn’t work, does not apply or did not fix your issues.

Wow!

The Arrogance is unbelievable. Thanks(NOT!) - for your help on this. Yeah and its "Your issues"

Several suggestions have been posted, and they simply don't work - this was opened in September by the way.

So far the solutions have included:

• removing content blockers (which most people don't seem to use)
  • removing any extensions (when we have tried this, it still hasn't solved the issue).

The technical issue has been posted, with lots of posts, information and recordings and has had lots of replies.

I can't believe that it has taken 3 months of not being able to use Safari on devices, for Apple to do Nothing.

Whilst Apple maybe great at charging us thousands of pounds for devices that are cheaper elsewhere - their support seems to be very poor.

Even an update stating "engineers are looking into this" would. help - but no, we just get silence.

And yeah, of course we should pay £1000 for a phone, that doesn't let us browse the internet reliably

Or a £3000 MacBook Pro that doesn't let us browse the internet reliably

Or a £1000 iPad that doesn't let us browse the internet reliably

Sure, we should pay that, because that will be Apple customers(or mugs) for life, right???

And Because Apple guys really "care" that we can't use our phones in 2020, to do something reliably that was possible in 2008.

Fantastic progress.

I don't usually get cross at support people, having been one in a past life.

I don't mind them taking time, as long as they communicate.

No communication, and arrogant posts, don't help anyone @Da_Apple_Guy

Dec 14, 2019 3:38 PM in response to Bourmatnov

Settings>Safari>General>Content Blockers.

This feature was introduced in iOS 9 circa 2013. Yes, I use Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN service, it offers “content blockers”. I also use 1Blocker (pretty dope, available on macOS as well).

Next, go to the Apple Apps Store... search “content blocker” and there will be plethora of third party blockers.

Next, use the following boolean search operators via google: “Content Blocker” and “ios” and “ios 13”.

Albeit, iOS 13 apple changed APIs a d rules for developers which crippled a lot of 3rd party c/b however pretty much all main stream developers have since adjusted.

Nov 3, 2019 12:55 PM in response to jagga2k

Yup same here started with iPhone XR iOS 13.1 . This is the sequence.

1) blank pages or 1/2 rendered , especially from links

2) clearing cache or closing app sometimes helps for a bit

3) turning off any ad blockers still no help

4) formatted phone clean and did base restore from iTunes (was good for about 1 day) then right back to square one

5) Firefox and Chrome are my only solutions for now

(unrelated maybe some apps freeze 1/2 way on logos when there is an auth coming like face recognition)

Nov 12, 2019 6:19 AM in response to jagga2k

To everyone with clearing cache, restarting, swiping up the app, etc those don’t fix the issue.

use a different browser and the issues go away.

safari is itself the issue.

But since safari is the default browser it complicates anything that uses safari like Twitter as the underlying mechanism to display webpages.

It’s only November, they usually iron out all the major bugs by Christmas. So only two months more of using chrome.

Nov 12, 2019 6:25 AM in response to concretehustler

so to update. I was suffering from this issue since the release of iOS 13 but since i got 13.2.2 and disabling in “settings>safari” any “content blockers”, then “clearing all safari data” and restarting phone, I am back in business, none of the issues I listed before are here anymore. I am not sure if it was the update or the disabling of ad blockers.

Nov 24, 2019 10:04 AM in response to jagga2k

I am fed up with not being able to use my browser. It is problem after problem since updating to 13 and there have been a bunch of updates since. I am starting to think it may be time to go back to Android. They have a mess and are just leaving it. I’m not happy at all. One update fixed mine and a few days later another made it even worse. Why have a phone when you cannot even use the Internet on it?!

Apple-you need to do better or long-timers will wander off. We pay prime rates for Apple Products.

Dec 5, 2019 3:57 PM in response to jagga2k

While I don’t wish this frustration on anyone it’s nice to know I’m not the only one. I updated to iOS 13 on a 7 Plus when this all began & since then I had an 8 Plus and the issue persisted and last weekend I changed carriers and with that change as well as utilizing a Black Friday sale I was able to get an iPhone11 & yet still it continues. It took several days before it started but it has. What causes one phone to have a bug but not another’s? While I’m sure the base problem is Safari after having the same issue with 3 different iPhone models & considering I’m the only person I personally know with this issue and most of the people I know have iPhones there are only really 2 constants first is iOS 13 & it accompanying apps i.e. Safari & the 2nd constant me or more specifically what’s on my phone. Each of my phones have been set up by either downloading a back up or transferring from iphone to iphone. Since it’s not happening to every iPhone user but has happened to 3 different phones I’m wondering if there’s something on my phone that is causing this such as an app or a short cut. I’m thinking I may need to restore factory settings and set up as a new phone at least for a few days to see if the problem returns. If I set up as new does signing into my iTunes account automatically push content onto my phone that could be the possible the problem? I wish I understood the analytics and could see if there’s an answer in there cause I really don’t want to factory reset my phone. Has anyone tried doing that and then not restore from back up?

Dec 12, 2019 11:54 PM in response to Da_Apple_Guy

Sorry but safari on my iPhone doesn't have any third party content blockers. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this thread is about safari on iPhone. I've seen the ad blocker apps in the app store but i don't trust them. My issue is with safari freezing constantly on my iPhone requiring the app to be closed constantly just to continue browsing. I've already tried all of Apple's "standard" fixes i.e. restart phone, clear all safari website data and history, reset network settings, reset phone to factory settings vs and now I've even gone so far as to remove very app on my phone and only reinstalling them one by one. I wish it was a content blocker since then all I'd need to do is disable /delete it and I could resume using the browser and all the apps that require the browser to function. I'd use another browser but after experiencing the same issue with 2 other browsers downloaded from the app store i learned that even other browsers use safari when accessed on an iPhone.

iOS 13/13.1 safari issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.