Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iOS 13/13.1 safari issues

Since upgrading to iOS 13/13.1, I have been having issues with safari loading web pages. It goes not seem to affect all pages, however on some google searches and web pages, it’s finishes loading however no content is displayed. This is happening on my iPhone X which is one 13.1, also on my iPad Air 2 which is also on 13.1 and my old iPhone 7 Plus which is on 13.

anyone else having this same issue and is there a fix for this?

iPhone X

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM in response to jagga2k In response to jagga2k

I have the same issue and it’s extremely annoying! On a brand new iPhone 11 Pro. iOS 13.2 did not resolve the issue. Safari would randomly refuse to load pages (as it in loads but displays a blank page), unable to refresh, webpages are not correctly displayed and displays content that cannot be clicked because the click locations are misaligned! Google chrome exhibits none of the symptoms. WhatsApp is buggy too, displays text in the wrong places at times!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM in response to jagga2k In response to jagga2k

I have the same issue and it’s extremely annoying! On a brand new iPhone 11 Pro. iOS 13.2 did not resolve the issue. Safari would randomly refuse to load pages (as it in loads but displays a blank page), unable to refresh, webpages are not correctly displayed and displays content that cannot be clicked because the click locations are misaligned! Google chrome exhibits none of the symptoms. WhatsApp is buggy too, displays text in the wrong places at times!

Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Nov 3, 2019 12:55 PM in response to jagga2k In response to jagga2k

Yup same here started with iPhone XR iOS 13.1 . This is the sequence.

1) blank pages or 1/2 rendered , especially from links

2) clearing cache or closing app sometimes helps for a bit

3) turning off any ad blockers still no help

4) formatted phone clean and did base restore from iTunes (was good for about 1 day) then right back to square one

5) Firefox and Chrome are my only solutions for now

(unrelated maybe some apps freeze 1/2 way on logos when there is an auth coming like face recognition)

Nov 3, 2019 12:55 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Nov 5, 2019 3:48 PM in response to jagga2k In response to jagga2k

I had to start using google chrome. Using safari was now so unproductive with all the issues mentioned in this thread. One other issue I had not mentioned was when a page did load, the top of the webpage was underneath the safari toolbars and I could not access the search bars underneath. Total nonsense.

Nov 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 12, 2019 6:19 AM in response to jagga2k In response to jagga2k

To everyone with clearing cache, restarting, swiping up the app, etc those don’t fix the issue.

use a different browser and the issues go away.

safari is itself the issue.

But since safari is the default browser it complicates anything that uses safari like Twitter as the underlying mechanism to display webpages.

It’s only November, they usually iron out all the major bugs by Christmas. So only two months more of using chrome.

Nov 12, 2019 6:19 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2019 6:25 AM in response to concretehustler In response to concretehustler

so to update. I was suffering from this issue since the release of iOS 13 but since i got 13.2.2 and disabling in “settings>safari” any “content blockers”, then “clearing all safari data” and restarting phone, I am back in business, none of the issues I listed before are here anymore. I am not sure if it was the update or the disabling of ad blockers.

Nov 12, 2019 6:25 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jagga2k

Question: iOS 13/13.1 safari issues