Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Users & Accounts...”Update Apple ID Settings”

I updated both my Apple TV 4k & Apple TV 4 to IOS 13 today. Under, Settings, Users and Accounts, it’s asking me to Update Apple ID Settings. I went through the process & the Red Dot 🔴 is still on there. Is anybody else having this problem too? In the pictures, circled in Blue.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 6:08 PM

SOLVED THE ISSUE!!! User & Accounts...& AirPlay & HomeKit 

I’ve read what everyone was saying about that darn 🔴. So I posted on here asking about it. Well one person, 56_F-100 told me he was getting the same problem. I kept at it & I did it!!

I stood right in front of my ATV & turned off my Bluetooth on my iPad Pro. I clicked on “Update Apple ID”. I turned my Bluetooth back on. Went through the set up again & it completed. The red dot was gone!..(If it’s still there, just log out & back in iCloud)

Thought I was done until another 🔴 popped up on Airplay & HomeKit. I went through the process & got an error message, setup failed - 301024. Done it about 4 times. I opened my Home app on my iPad Pro & it said “Loading Accessories & Scenes”. (Picture below) I watched it to see would it stop. Nope. So...

I hit “Reset Home Settings”. Stood back in front of my ATV. Turned Bluetooth off again. Clicked on “Finish Set up”. Went through the process again....IT WORKED!! So glad to see that red dot gone. Hopes this help

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 6:08 PM in response to 56_F-100

SOLVED THE ISSUE!!! User & Accounts...& AirPlay & HomeKit 

I’ve read what everyone was saying about that darn 🔴. So I posted on here asking about it. Well one person, 56_F-100 told me he was getting the same problem. I kept at it & I did it!!

I stood right in front of my ATV & turned off my Bluetooth on my iPad Pro. I clicked on “Update Apple ID”. I turned my Bluetooth back on. Went through the set up again & it completed. The red dot was gone!..(If it’s still there, just log out & back in iCloud)

Thought I was done until another 🔴 popped up on Airplay & HomeKit. I went through the process & got an error message, setup failed - 301024. Done it about 4 times. I opened my Home app on my iPad Pro & it said “Loading Accessories & Scenes”. (Picture below) I watched it to see would it stop. Nope. So...

I hit “Reset Home Settings”. Stood back in front of my ATV. Turned Bluetooth off again. Clicked on “Finish Set up”. Went through the process again....IT WORKED!! So glad to see that red dot gone. Hopes this help

Sep 26, 2019 9:37 PM in response to Ladyblue79

Yes, I had the same problem you are having plus several other issues with the 13.0 update. I wasn't as concern at first because I was able to sign out and back into my iCloud account and make the red1 circle go away. But As I was troubleshooting other update glitches (either after restarting or unplugging the ATV) the red1 circle came back. If that wasn't enough, after I clicked on the red1 circle I was introduce to more issues. My ATV wanted to pair with my iPhone8 to setup Airplay 2. My phone received this message in the process "setup failed -71163". I also had previously used emails that were deleted for no apparent reason (just left a blank place holder) and some prompt wanting to add ATV to my Home App. I also received another prompt wanting to "match home screens"). What all this mess was for I don't know. I was most focus on the Pandora App that was dropping out about every 20 minutes since downloading the 13.0 update. So I finally did the inevitable and clicked the ATV's Reset/Update feature so I could spend wasted time resetting up my ATV all over again. Doing so (so far anyway) seems to have fix the issues mentioned above except Pandora still continues to drop. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora App and have now reset and updated the ATV twice. Pandora (that I use everyday) was working just fine prior to the 13.0 update. Hopefully there is a bug fix coming soon from Apple just like the iPhone's just received a another update 13.1. Hope this helps or at least to let you know you are not alone. Good Luck.

Users & Accounts...”Update Apple ID Settings”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.