Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil and email

Hello,

I updated to iOS 13 yesterday as I need to use dual screen on my email. On the previous iOS I could select an email and then open up a pdf file. I then went on to use the pencil to make notes on the document. I also used my other hand to scroll up and down the page. Previously this worked fine but now as soon as the pencil touches the screen it goes in to edit mode and brings up the toolbar at the bottom of the screen which lets me select what type of pen I want or erase things.

Is there any way to stop the iPad bringing up the pencil toolbar when the pencil touches the screen like it was in the previous iOS? Because the iPad brings up this toolbar once the pencil touches the screen I can no longer use my other hand to scroll unless I exit edit mode and instead I end up drawing lines on the document where I am trying to scroll.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 6:17 AM

After doing more research it looks like ios13 has also updated the pre installed markup app which is used to edit pdfs when opening them through email. Is there anyway to go back to the ios12 version of markup as this worked for me?

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Pencil and email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.