Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut automation

So I'm trying to do a shortcut automation that will automatically run when my bluetooth device gets connected to my phone. However when it connects it's asks me to run this automation instead of doing it on my behalf. There is also no setting that allows you to select run it on my behalf. Is there a way to run a bluetooth automation without it asking me to run it? Also I am fairly familiar with the shortcut app. If anyone would like a automation that will automatically turn on low power mode and send a txt with your current location when your phone reacts 10% I can send U a pic of the shortcut. Thanks!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 6:37 PM

I ride a motorcycle and I want Panadora to automatically start playing as soon as my phone connects to the motorcycle's Bluetooth. If I have to confirm the shortcut to launch Pandora, I might as well just launch Pandora and not have a shortcut at all.

I'll submit feedback to apple.

5 replies

Sep 30, 2019 6:47 AM in response to _Ethan_

So I just got off the phone with a Level 2 Apple Support tech. He confirmed that it behaves the same way on his device, and as of now, that's how it is intended to run. However, he agreed that it should give the user the option to run without prompt, or with prompt. Some automations you may not want to run every single time, but other ones you definitely would. So he was going to do everything on his end to push the feedback through to the appropriate team, but he also suggested for me to send feedback to Apple stating the same, which I have. So I suggest anyone who wants to see this option get added (which only makes sense) then submit your feedback to Apple at Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Shortcut automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.