Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the automatic "Turn on" feature for Bluetooth actually useful?

Does anyone actually find this bluetooth feature helpful where it automatically turns back on the next day from control centre? I use bluetooth a lot but I don't see the point of not just being able to turn it off fully from control centre.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 3:03 AM

Yes. There are situations where it may be necessary to temporarily disable BlueTooth of WiFi. As it may be easy to forget to manually re-enable these radios, they will automatically re-enable when certain conditions are met.

The Control Centre not only allows you to temporarily disable BlueTooth and WiFi, you can also fully disable these radios from the Control Centre. Touch-and-hold the panel to reveal the full set of controls. Individual radio interfaces can obviously also be controlled from Settings.

Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 3:03 AM in response to BastianHansen

Yes. There are situations where it may be necessary to temporarily disable BlueTooth of WiFi. As it may be easy to forget to manually re-enable these radios, they will automatically re-enable when certain conditions are met.

The Control Centre not only allows you to temporarily disable BlueTooth and WiFi, you can also fully disable these radios from the Control Centre. Touch-and-hold the panel to reveal the full set of controls. Individual radio interfaces can obviously also be controlled from Settings.

Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center - Apple Support

Feb 16, 2022 2:26 AM in response to LotusPilot

I see your point. However, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to toggle whether or not the feature is automatic. Also, I think most people will be more than satisfied with opening bluetooth from control panel when needed.

My problem is I have a lot of bluetooth devices in my house and with a phone, ipad and computers it's annoying to have to toggle bluetooth all the time whenever I turn on a speaker or something when I want to use it for a specific device.

Is the automatic "Turn on" feature for Bluetooth actually useful?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.