Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any hope of Apple making the Bluetooth toggle a true on/off?

More of a vent than a question for my iPhoneX and iPad Pro... Ever since they changed the Bluetooth toggle feature in the Control Center I have found it terribly frustrating to take multiple steps to accomplish something that used to be so simple. Ease of use, battery life... I just want to hit that button and have it OFF. Haven’t enough of us complained by now?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:24 AM

Apple made a conscious decision to change the function of the Bluetooth switch. While Bluetooth does not need to be turned off generally, the Control Center switch will turn it off it it is temporarily needed to be turned off. Siri will turn it off, or you can go to Settings. You can provide feedback to Apple if you would like to share that you want to see a change, Feedback - iPhone - Apple but that does not mean that they will change it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 9:24 AM in response to Treefan96

Apple made a conscious decision to change the function of the Bluetooth switch. While Bluetooth does not need to be turned off generally, the Control Center switch will turn it off it it is temporarily needed to be turned off. Siri will turn it off, or you can go to Settings. You can provide feedback to Apple if you would like to share that you want to see a change, Feedback - iPhone - Apple but that does not mean that they will change it.

Apr 20, 2020 9:30 AM in response to Treefan96

I hope they NEVER change the outstanding way it now works. There used to be 4 ways to turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi completely. Now there are still 4 ways to turn it off completely, and one additional way to disconnect temporarily with the button on the Control Center. If you really want to turn it off (and there is rarely any reason to) you have:

• Settings/Bluetooth - OFF
  • Touch Settings, tap Bluetooth on the floating menu that appears - OFF
  • Hold the SIDE button and say “Turn off Bluetooth"
  • Say “Hey Siri, turn off Bluetooth"

Apr 20, 2020 9:34 AM in response to Treefan96

First of all, your rant won't be read by Apple. This is a user only forum and none of have any inside knowledge of Apple's design decisions or future plans.

It stands to reason what you want is not in keeping with the Bluetooth decisions Apple made some time ago. The feature to turn off Bluetooth in Control Center was clearly designed as a temporary turn off. But the ability to turn it off completely (though I'm not sure why you feel you need to ever do that?) is still available in Settings > Bluetooth.

Ps: I too hope they don't change this as the ability to temporarily turn off Bluetooth from Control Center is actually VERY handy when dealing with multiple BT devices.

Any hope of Apple making the Bluetooth toggle a true on/off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.