Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth quick menu use case

I've asked why the quick menu bluetooth toggle exists, but there seems to be radiosilence for over a month.

The question arose when I asked if it was possible to change the Timer on it. It will switch back on after x hours or at 05:00am.

edclange, User level: Level 4 (1,686 points) told me that when you press the bluetooth button in the quickmenu, your bluetooth doesn't turn off. Which would mean that all the Iphones I've owned with that function (Iphone 5, 6, 8, SE) have been faulty. Because all of them did in fact turn off bluetooth. It would disconnect any device that was connected.

Are all my Iphone by some mysterious reason broken, and do I need to send them back for repair? Or do any of you have the same effect when pressing Bluetooth on/off through the quick menu.

If so... and it's not a bug or hardware/software problem, what is the use case for this function?

So I can maybe start using it for it's proper use.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

B.

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:09 AM

The wifi and the bluetooth buttons on the control panel will break existing connections until 5am but the wifi and BT radio chips remain live.

Similar questions

1 reply

Bluetooth quick menu use case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.