Question:

Question: Screen Flickers 11Pro Max

Has anyone noticed a screen flicker with the 11Pro max? For example when going through photos or watching movies the screen flickers like brightness is trying to adjust to the content on screen.

auto brightness is off on my device and this is very frustrating!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 1, 2019 12:35 PM in response to Liam710 In response to Liam710

It seems like a wide spread issue among many users on MacRumors Forum. To sum up, many iPhone 11 Pro Max devices have screen flickers in photos app when Night Shift (or True Tone) and View Full HDR enabled.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-11-pro-max-screen-flickers-in-photos-app-when-night-shift-or-true-tone-and-view-full-hdr-enabled.2201968/

Many of us had the exact same problem reproduced when getting a replaced device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) so it would seem to be a software problem. But nothing is sure for now as we're still having the problem even now at iOS 13.1.2. @Apple please release another update soon to fix this.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 1, 2019 5:43 AM in response to Liam710 In response to Liam710

Hi Liam710,

Thanks for posting! I understand you're seeing some display flickering on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

It sounds like it happens when using multiple apps. Have you tried removing any cases and screen protectors to see if that makes a difference?

Have you updated to iOS 13.1.2? How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you find the issue still occurs after updating and testing without cases/screen protectors, you might try restoring your device to factory settings to test it while set up as new. Be sure to back up first using the steps above: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Oct 1, 2019 5:43 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
Question marked as Helpful

Oct 1, 2019 12:35 PM in response to Liam710 In response to Liam710

It seems like a wide spread issue among many users on MacRumors Forum. To sum up, many iPhone 11 Pro Max devices have screen flickers in photos app when Night Shift (or True Tone) and View Full HDR enabled.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-11-pro-max-screen-flickers-in-photos-app-when-night-shift-or-true-tone-and-view-full-hdr-enabled.2201968/

Many of us had the exact same problem reproduced when getting a replaced device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) so it would seem to be a software problem. But nothing is sure for now as we're still having the problem even now at iOS 13.1.2. @Apple please release another update soon to fix this.

Oct 1, 2019 12:35 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Oct 8, 2019 2:32 AM in response to Liam710 In response to Liam710

I get a quick flicker sometimes when scrolling in Safari on my 11 Pro Max. I've heard that this has something to do with a security chip?

I have the exact same thing on my MacBook Pro 2018 as well, when scrolling in Safari, especially after switching through tabs, it has a flicker line over the screen.

Although my GF doesn't experience it on hers MBP 2018 (but only 256GB vs. 512GB on mine)

Oct 8, 2019 2:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 8, 2019 6:26 PM in response to lumaximuz In response to lumaximuz

Don’t think it’s related. Screens don’t typically just lose responsiveness unless they become delaminated. My guess is you’re overly worried about your display and analyzing every part of it (trust me I am too). Hopefully 3.2 fixes this nasty flicker bug.

Oct 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 8, 2019 6:29 PM in response to lumaximuz In response to lumaximuz

It’s possible that your eyes aren’t matching up to your hands. That brain wiring gets set in pretty quickly. When in doubt, take it to Apple, they’ll swap it out if you’re under 14 days. 1 year if it’s a hardware failure issue.

Oct 8, 2019 6:29 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Liam710

Question: Screen Flickers 11Pro Max