Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot synch my iPhone

I'm getting the message that theres not enough available space to update itunes. I have 18 GB. My Macintosh itself is limited on space, but I have 3.37 GB available. have an iPhone 7, and use the El Capitan OS.

I had been getting the message that my phone didn't have room to install an update. So I removed a bunch of things from it, and was able to. This morning I also noticed that my mac was limited on space, and moved, and removed a lot of duplicates.

Still now I'm completely stumped. Is the latest iTunes update, that I can use bigger then 3.37 GB?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 4:24 PM

5 replies

Sep 28, 2019 10:47 PM in response to greenmind

greenmind wrote:

Still now I'm completely stumped. Is the latest iTunes update, that I can use bigger then 3.37 GB, the

This question implies an erroneous assumption.

You are assuming that if, say, the iTunes update were 3.35GB in size, that would be perfectly fine, as it would fit with 20MB to spare.

This incorrectly assumes you do not require any free space on your Mac disk. In fact, you need considerable free space (measured in GB) for your MacOS to function. Free up lots and lots of Mac disk space.

I cannot synch my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.