Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I connect iPod is disk mode. I cannot prevent iTunes from launching and ejecting my iPod.

I am trying to run my iPod in disk mode. iTunes 12.8.2.3 launches and in about five seconds ejects the disk mount. When I look at the iTunes Summary window for the iPod, the checkbox for "Open iTunes when this iPod is connected" has been checked by iTunes. I had just unchecked it. The iTunes Device Preferences checkbox for "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" is checked (and stays checked), so that's not the problem.

I quit and launched iTunes three times. I logged out. I reset my iPod twice. I forced my iPod into disk mode and connected it. None of those helped. I made a macro that sent the Quit command (3 times with a 1.5 second gap between) to iTunes when it launched—iTunes would not quit.

Without disk mode, I can't add text files containing notes that won't work as items that iTunes can add such as Calendar items, to-do items, or Contacts.

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 12:51 PM

A possible workaround. Press and hold down option as you launch iTunes so you get the choose or create dialog. Ignore the dialog. Connect your device in disk mode and do what you want with it. Cancel the iTunes dialog box.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

I connect iPod is disk mode. I cannot prevent iTunes from launching and ejecting my iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.